pa1ntbru5h's 300+ Gallon Build Thread

Do you have a par meter to see how they are performing (spread/depth/etc.)?

I do.. my friend is currently borrowing it. I'll have to get it back from him and make a PAR map of the tank.

nice! can't wait to see those lights perform!

Thanks! Me too!

:thumbsup:

:lol2:

awesome! I can't wait to some life in that tank! :)

There's already a couple fish and I just threw in some test frags yesterday!

Having had the lights for several weeks now, how do you like them? I'm trying to decide between Coralcare GEN2's or Radions XR30 Blues.

Having had the lights for several weeks now, how do you like them? I'm trying to decide between Coralcare GEN2's or Radions XR30 Blues.

I love the CoralCares. I'm a huge fan of T5 and these lights really remind me of T5 more than they do LED. Very minimal shimmer and insane spread.
I haven't done any PAR measurements yet but I plan on doing that sometime.

Tank looks great! I bet you're ready to get some sticks in there soon.

Thanks! I've had 2 tester frags in the tank for quite some time now and they're doing okay. They could definitely be doing better but that's why they're testers!
I imagine I could start adding a couple more hardy frags in a month or 2.

I'm taking this tank real slow. Trying my best not to rush into anything and just really thinking everything through. It's tough but my busy work schedule has helped me keep my mind off the tank.

Yeah, slow and steady is the way to go. The Phillips lights look good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice light! Have you look at new ati leds also? It looks same as Philips.

I do remember you had lot of different lights on reefer 250 and frag tanks. Just one question.. was tour ati t5 fixture that hot?? I run my aquaticlife hybrid with kessil, unless it's summer weather, cook or bake something in the kitchen, my fans don't run. Just curious the fixture because next year I have a plan to upgrade

나의 SM-G950U 의 Tapatalk에서 보냄

Nice light! Have you look at new ati leds also? It looks same as Philips.

I do remember you had lot of different lights on reefer 250 and frag tanks. Just one question.. was tour ati t5 fixture that hot?? I run my aquaticlife hybrid with kessil, unless it's summer weather, cook or bake something in the kitchen, my fans don't run. Just curious the fixture because next year I have a plan to upgrade

나의 SM-G950U 의 Tapatalk에서 보냄

The T5s did add a few degrees to the Reefer 250. That tank would hit 85 degrees in the summer. I had my Apex shut off the T5s if it went over a certain temp. Then again it was an 8 bulb fixture. Aquaticlife should be fine since its only 4 bulbs.

Dang it I wish my tangs would eat nori...they just aren't interested.

put a piece on top of your wavemaker so that it gets sucked in and shredded. They'll eat it. Once they get a taste of it you can put it on the clip and they'll eventually figure out what it is.

Thanks! I got an Achilles and Achilles Hybrid coming soon =D

nice! just a headsup, a friend of mine had and achilles and a hybrid together for months without any issues in a 600 gal... and out of no where last month hybrid snapped and killed the powder and achilles. =/ sad day...

nice! just a headsup, a friend of mine had and achilles and a hybrid together for months without any issues in a 600 gal... and out of no where last month hybrid snapped and killed the powder and achilles. =/ sad day...

Dang... I know it's going to be a risk. Hopefully they'll be okay together.

Tank is looking great. Any tester corals yet? I have acquired an Achilles and holding him in a 180. Thinking of putting him my 450 but I think it will be a fight with the powder blue and my Atlantic blue. It’s hard adding fish after the tank is established. Stock it now. Lol

I just received my Panta Rhei ECM 63 from UniqueCorals yesterday.
Unfortunately it looks like Panta Rhei decided to get rid of the wood on the controller and go with a 3D printed plastic.
I was really looking forward to the wood because in my opinion it gave the pump a luxury look to it.
Considering how expensive the pump is, I'm a little disappointed to see the company cutting costs. It doesn't even come in a nice retail box anymore. Just brown cardboard with Panta Rhei logos stamped.
It felt as if I were opening a refurbished pump vs a brand spankin new pump.
I know it's not refurbished.. it just felt that way.
Oh well... Little things... Hopefully they're not cutting costs on materials on the pump itself.
/rant

DDKczNfl.jpg

Last edited:
Tank is looking great. Any tester corals yet? I have acquired an Achilles and holding him in a 180. Thinking of putting him my 450 but I think it will be a fight with the powder blue and my Atlantic blue. It's hard adding fish after the tank is established. Stock it now. Lol

Lol yeah that's the plan! It's still a pretty new tank so I'm trying to get all the aggressive fish added together. Once the Achilles and Achilles Hybrid are in, that's it for tangs.

I do have some LPS and 2 tester frags of SPS in the tank.
LPS are doing great. SPS are just doing okay. I think the tank still needs a little more time before adding more SPS.

Back