PAB Bars not showing up at PAB, and not programming

jonwright

OK - so I've been fritzing with this all night and I'm finally desperate enough to post. My login to the GHL forum, despite my typing in what I have on my registration email, is still refused. Soooooo.....

I have Plux 3T with Firmware 6.19. Running Control center 1.0.7.5.

I have 3 PAB bars that I'd like to reprogram (this is a used unit). I've updated firmware twice, maybe successfully.

I say "maybe" because the PAB power bars don't show up as PAB devices. The menu options as listed in the document describing the PAB bars don't show up. And when I go to program the bars using the "s1-4" interface they do not accept the new numbering - at all.

I don't see where to download the PAB firmware. And when I select the Profilux firmware to update in the "PAB Update" menu (thinking maybe this will allow them to show up) I get "not the correct firmware" message.

So what am I missing here? Why don't these bars show up as PAB? Why don't those menu options show up under "system"? Why aren't they accepting a renumbering scheme?

I've mounted the bars and while I guess I *could* rearrange, this is too hokey to accept.

So: I've plugged in the PAB port (both top and bottom with same results) with cat5 networking cable and daisy-chained the power devices. The device in the MIDDLE of the daisy-chain starts off with address #7 no matter the beginning number I select, then the "last" unit in the daisy chain begins with 13, then the "first" unit on daisy chain is number 19. And yes, I've disconnected all but the single power bar I wish to reprogram. Same result.

I do have a doser but I haven't messed with that yet - even if I start the numbering at 5 for the power bars this is my result. Doser has never been plugged into the unit while I'm attempting the renumbering.

Last edited:
Yeah, didn't click on the main "system" title, was only looking underneath with the submenus.

Now, I've added them but I don't see where to configure them. What am I missing here? Just for fun I did another firmware load (with PAB devices added) and still no dice.

Is this telling me I need to update the PAB firmware?

Even when I select the device (or even using the arrow keys) the "configuration" button doesn't come up.

I'm sure it's like the other deal I'm overlooking something.

No good. I have to turn on the S1-4 communication (otherwise the "program button below is greyed out), then I unplug all PAB devices except the unit I wish to renumber. I then set to renumber, click "ready" and it's all the same. The power bar doesn't accept the new numbering.

Besides, I don't see how to update the firmware??

they are pab bars not digital or a doser you dont need that button for setting them up. they are connected as they are showing current draws and they are on and labeled. not sure what problem you are having.

to update in the extras tab there is a pab box with a update firmware tab or in your first picture there is a button for firmware update

Last edited:
I'd like to renumber them. I don't see where to do that. The instructions are not helping me any. :(

Yes they are functional but I haven't figured out where to get the pab code nor how to renumber the bars. I bought the system used and I'm using 2 of 3 bars.

https://www.aquariumcomputer.com/en-GB/ghldownloads

go through the robot verification
select pab devices
your operating system
firmware updates
then power bar 6d its at 1.08

the 1st bar should be 1 to 6 the 2nd should be 7 to 12

if you want to reorder them then reset the the pab system from the button in system menu
then have the bar you want as 1-6 plugged in and assign it. then install the 2nd bar and assign it

also unless you are using a digital bar or doser uncheck the s1-s4 box

"Select PAB device". GGGGAAAAAHHHHH!!! ok. So when I get back into town I'll upgrade the pab code. Thanks for holding my hand

At the moment I'm assuming that I need the later pab code with the 6.19 firmware?

Yeah, doing them one at time is how I was attempting to reprogram the powerbars. They are indeed pab.

I've reset the the bus. Now, when I bring them in should that be one at a time as well and not just to config them?? Eh. I'll try it. Seems in just not holding my mouth right

I'm assuming I'd reset the bus with no powerbars?

OK - so i have successfully upgraded the code on the PAB bar and renumbered it successfully and no problems there.

I couldn't configure the powerbars due to the firmware level (I *assume*). Now I can use the "config" button as I should.

One PAB is updated, the other is now a problem. Before I upgraded the ucode I could see the device - just as before - with correct serial number and description. Now this is what I get:

I went through what I thought was the correct procedure to upgrade the ucode - worked the first time. Unplugged the first PAB and then proceeded to upgrade #2.

I have reset the bus with only the one unit, added just it, but the descripton is hosed and the serial nubmer is wrong. It's different now. I've attempted to do the "emergency power off/on" procedure but that doesn't appear to have worked.

PAB 1 is just fine - I was able to renumber it just fine. Added #2 is where I have the problem it seems.

I've read forum posts with guys that just seem to not get it and shake my head...now I"M THAT GUY. Shoot me. shoot me now.

try updating the 3rd bar and make sure you are connected to profilux via usb and see if it works. then try and rescue the 2nd one after the 3rd is going. i recall you saying you had 3 bars.

I've used USB and not the network - that is for sure.

I do have 3 bars - not sure what the 3 one would do in this situation?

No manual control of sockets on 2nd bar and the "configuration" button is greyed out. Possible I'm not holding my mouth right for the "emer/rescue" update?

Back