Pacific Sun Kore 7th kHLab Fanclub - Alkalinity Test and Control

Hello,

1. Yes, I did it after updating the firmware.

2. No, there's no problem there.

3. When I get home I send it.

Thanks for all

Enviado desde mi Mi A1 mediante Tapatalk

Hi,

Another appreciation,

When I press the button to take the graph of the KH values, the same date always comes out 12/30/2018.

attachment.php

Regards

Attachments

• Grafico.jpg
    Grafico.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 1
Przemek -

The OP (drgorecki) made a comment about this tester and others using "pH" to determine and control alkalinity.

I believe this to be slightly incorrectly described, in that your module actually uses the standard alkalinity determination by acid titration (with a pH electrode to determine the titration's endpoint).

Presuming this is accurate, I've a couple of questions:

What is the actual titration endpoint pH that the unit uses? The "standard" pH endpoint for alkalinity in water samples is pH 4.5, but it could be that you use a slightly different endpoint.

How much aquarium water does the unit use per test? And is the number of tests/day adjustable?

Standard alkalinity determinations typically use 0.1N hydrochloric or sulfuric acid. Obviously, all of us propsective owners would like to buy this from the original manufacturer (i.e., you). However, it doesn't appear that Pacific Sun currently has a US dealer/distributor, and air-shipping hydrochloric and/or sulfuric acid from Europe would be quite expensive, and possibly run afoul of hazardous material shipping regulations. We'd personally love it if you inked a deal with Bulk Reef Supply to sell your equipment and reagents, because their reputation for customer service is unparalleled in the US. But failing that, are you willing to disclose the normality of the strong acid to be used with the unit so that in the US we could buy a standardized 0.1N acid solution to use with the unit?

Standard alkalinity determinations typically use 0.1N hydrochloric or sulfuric acid. Obviously, all of us propsective owners would like to buy this from the original manufacturer (i.e., you). However, it doesn't appear that Pacific Sun currently has a US dealer/distributor, and air-shipping hydrochloric and/or sulfuric acid from Europe would be quite expensive, and possibly run afoul of hazardous material shipping regulations. We'd personally love it if you inked a deal with Bulk Reef Supply to sell your equipment and reagents, because their reputation for customer service is unparalleled in the US. But failing that, are you willing to disclose the normality of the strong acid to be used with the unit so that in the US we could buy a standardized 0.1N acid solution to use with the unit?

I presume that you have advanced chemistry knowledge, so it won't be difficult to find out for you.

If it is HCl (normality will equal molarity):

HCl + H2O -> Cl- + H3O+
-X mol/L HCl -> +X mol/L H3O+
pH = -Log[H3O+] = - Log[X]
If you get a pH of, for example, 1. Then you know you have a 0,1 N solution of HCl. Easy.

Same thing with other acids, for example with H2SO4, normality would be half molarity, but calculation is exactly the same.

Yes of course - the conversions are easy to do on the bench. Very occasionally I get out the stir plate, buret, standardized HCl and pH meter and do titrations when I'm dialing in a tank.

But with Pacific Sun's device, there's going to be a conversion factor that accounts for the test volume and the normality of the acid solution. So one would need to know what the normality of the acid solution is to simply buy some from another vendor.

Pacific Sun Kore 7th kHLab Fanclub - Alkalinity Test and Control

I actually have a few straight forward questions. The ones above are above my pay grade [emoji23][emoji23]

1) I currently use a kore 5th. Can I run both a kore 5th and kore 7th on same computer will the new software WiFi and old software BT work correctly if both software programs are installed on same computer? Currently my kore 5th and Hyperion lights have no issue so assume this will not be a problem.
2) I currently have a AC2 calc Feeder that DOES NOT have a PH probe. Will this be a problem
3) The solution used in the KLab. Is it available in the US
4) Is my calcium reactor still needed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello Przemek,

It is already solved, the problem is in the field Reference KH, apparently has a value when opening the application (in my case 8.00), but it is really zero or null. That's why he gives the error.

Is it really necessary to put that value? or it's just a value to compare.

Regards

Hello Przemek,

I have two solenoids, one controlled by the CalcFeeder and another connected to the Kore 7th, I have marked the option within the KHLab menu (Calcium reactor control (by solenoid)).

How many KH tests would be needed per day?
How many l/h should be put in the CalcFeeder Pro Controler?

I guess you have to put the two solenoids in line, and only CO2 will pass when both are open. Can they be damaged if one of them is open waiting for the other?

Please, You could explain the procedure to connect the kore 7th KH-Lab with the CalcFeeder Pro reactor.

Thanks for all.

Hi,
More tests - better precision and system reaction is faster.

Before you will allow for controlling reactor by kHLab you need firstly find best flow which will make your alkalinity quite stable within few days. After that you can connect it to Kore 7th and allow for reactor control(switch on/off Co2 flow) depending from set alkalinity on application.
Only what you need to do is connecting additional solenoid valve (connected to Kore 7th) between CalcFeeder PRO controller and original solenoid (connected to calcium controller) .
Thats all.

Regards

Przemek

I actually have a few straight forward questions. The ones above are above my pay grade [emoji23][emoji23]

1) I currently use a kore 5th. Can I run both a kore 5th and kore 7th on same computer will the new software WiFi and old software BT work correctly if both software programs are installed on same computer? Currently my kore 5th and Hyperion lights have no issue so assume this will not be a problem.
2) I currently have a AC2 calc Feeder that DOES NOT have a PH probe. Will this be a problem
3) The solution used in the KLab. Is it available in the US
4) Is my calcium reactor still needed

1. Yes, you can use - for Kore 7th you will need install dedicated app(expand in manual) and it wil create additional COM port on application. On one you will have Kore 5th, on second - Kore 7th

2. CalcFeeders font use pH probe - if you mean "lid with pH probe port" - it's not needed for calcium reactor work .

3. Not yet, but we hope that shortly will be(too soon to talk about that).

4. ? :)

So what is you recommendation for #3. Wait till it's available in the US before we order the KLab or order a 6 month supply at a time

My question for #4 is. Does the KLab increase and decrease the ALK using the calfeeder or a solution

Kore 7th + KLab can control either a calcium reactor or dose a 3-part solution to manage alkalinity, calcium and important elements such as magnesium. You can select thw way you want to use it: if you choose calcium reactor, it will control CO2 valve, if you choose a 3-part solution you will use pumps #4-7

Hi,

I have a doubt,

When the solenoid connected to kore 7th is activated?

1.- When the calculated KH is below the target
2.- When the calculated KH is below the minimum

This occurs once the test is done or it is evaluated every so often.

Regards

Kore 7th + KLab can control either a calcium reactor or dose a 3-part solution to manage alkalinity, calcium and important elements such as magnesium. You can select thw way you want to use it: if you choose calcium reactor, it will control CO2 valve, if you choose a 3-part solution you will use pumps #4-7

I don't completely understand how it controls the AC2. If the kore 7th controls the amount of CO2 that is injected into the calcium reactor..... that would lower the PH to break down the media BUT that wouldn't increase the calfeeder pump to dose more effluent. Unless the kore 7th now controls the dosing of the effluent from the calcium reactor?
I think I saw a post that the manual can be downloaded...... I should probably read this[emoji16]

Solenoid will be open till calculated dKH will be above maximum kH.
If you will connect buffer(alkalinity solution) to channel 4 - it will dose emergency doses when alkalinity will drop below emergency kH.
If CO2 is switched off from CalcFeeder - it will stop also dosing pump so there is no any effluent dosed to aquarium when alkalinity is higher then desired.
The best solution how to control our calcium reactor by kHLab is adjusting feeding pump little higher than it's required by tank - and doser can switch it on/off keeping alkalinity stable in proper range.

Hi,

Is it possible to do a factory reset? that is, you have to reconfigure everything, including the kore's internal network.

Regards

Please contact with our technical support. You can simply switch off your local WIFI network and reboot Kore 7th - it will wake up in AP mode and you can set everything what you want.
Please drop mail to service@pacific-sun.eu

Regards

Przemek

Hello,

the reference kh is a value that you put, you have to do a test with salifert, redsea, etc. and configure that value.

Then every time you do a test the kore will give you the value that would give you with salifert, etc.

Back