Parameter Help

duberz

I have a 80gal deep blue rimless under 2 radion gen 2's.The tank is a year old.everything is doing good i the tank.Its a mixed reef with fish.About a month ago I rearranged some rock work and shortly after got diatoms on the sand bed and a small hair algea outbreak.Keep in mind I already had both these outbreaks early on and they disappeared.I have not changed anything I have been doing.I feed rods once a day.Once a week I feed the corals 1/2 tsp of oyster feast,phyto feast,1/4 tsp of coral vibrance and 20 drops of coral amino.I dose kalk+2 in my ato at 1tsp/gal.My numbers are cal(425)alk(8.57)mag(1300)ph(8.3)po4(0)nitrate(0)salinity(1.025)temp(80.8).First where is the hair algea coming from?Second how do my numbers look?Do I need to increase my kalk dosage?Last I do a 5gal water change once a week.Sorry for such a long post I'm just frustrated.

Those numbers should be okay. What phosphate kit are you using? The API doesn't read very precisely, for example. How often are you changing the RowaPhos?

The Hanna Checker should be fine, and that's a good interval for changing the RowaPhos. Is this bloom lasting longer than the others? If not, I might just wait a bit.

The diatoms took about 2-3 weeks to disappear and the hair algea is still present but looks to be browning out.

In that case, I might increase the GFO a bit, or replace it at 2 weeks, and see whether the algae dies with a bit more time.

Back