Past Pictures of Your Clams

This Gigas shell is about 28 inches. The mantel is about 30+ inches. My tank in 36 inches from front to back. The clam is slanted and about 2 inches from the back wall and 4 inches from the front wall. He is about 18 year old.
The Fox Face is about 7-8inches and the Harlequin Tusk is about 6 inches.

attachment.php

Here are some of my clams from my previous tanks.

Attachments

• old-tank.jpg
    old-tank.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 3
  • photo (46).jpg
    photo (46).jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 3
  • photo (70).jpg
    photo (70).jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 3
  • photo (2).jpg
    photo (2).jpg
    85 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_0129 (2).jpg
    IMG_0129 (2).jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 3
These guys are alive and well in the new 180. 2 derasas each about 12 inches, one bigger slightly and one Squamosa that's just shy of a foot long.

Attachments

• IMG_1246.jpg
    IMG_1246.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 5
My Cirrhitops fasciatus (aka Blood Red Hawk) chillin on his favorite perch.

Excuse the scratches in the glass. This system is long in the tooth at 16 years running non stop and 2 children that liked to clean the glass,, wouldn't have it any other way! The kids are now moved away.

The Derasa Clam is, as best I can remember, 5 or 6 years old. It was less then 2" when I received it from Blue Zoo. You can seen it has grown. I put a ruler in front of the glass for reference.

Today
attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_20180108_160402.jpg
    IMG_20180108_160402.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Thank you RF. It is an amazing creature. I decided to pull the trigger on a stripe blue rim from LA. It will be here Thursday. I will be QTing that one for 30 days don't want to risk transferring PM to my current one.

Thank you RF. It is an amazing creature. I decided to pull the trigger on a stripe blue rim from LA. It will be here Thursday. I will be QTing that one for 30 days don't want to risk transferring PM to my current one.

How's the new clam doing? Any pictures of the beauty?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here's my newest addition. I haven't seen many deresa's around much where I live. Hope it does well.
333f6dccb06c18fe0cadd8aff347579f.jpg

Unfortunately the stripped clam was DOA. LA was great as usual and credited my account. Although I do not believe shipping during this cold spell was the cause I am going to hold off reordering another until the weather gets better.
How's the new clam doing? Any pictures of the beauty?

Here’s my newest addition. I haven’t seen many deresa’s around much where I live. Hope it does well.
333f6dccb06c18fe0cadd8aff347579f.jpg

Oh my! That is a beautiful Clam. It is a Crocea not a Deresa? Is that correct? Love the Hawkfish hanging out.

Back