PET PEEVES....list them here

Adyn

Let's here your biggest pet peeves here.

I can't stand having alge on the front glass

With my Nano that was in my office waiting room... Customers would lift up the feeding door and stick their fingers in the water... :hmm5: I finally ran tape around it.

Now with the 120 in my waiting room... Hands all over the glass, banging, pecking, fingerprinting!!! ENOUGH People!!!!!! :hammer:

"can I feed them?" says my 30+ year old friends

"no, see all that green stringy algae...", I reply, "It's not good for the tank"

"feeding the fish isn't good? You're no fun"

"sigh"

...goto petco/LFS and them selling nemo's not clownfish

+1000, although it has been a little while since I have seen a 10 gallon "finding nemo" setup sitting on a counter somewhere for $99...

My pet peeve is having someone ask a question and then interpret the answer to be what they wanted to hear followed by justification that someone else did it which made it ok.

Yesterday, April Fool's Day, my favorite fish store posts that it is under new ownership....

It turned out to not be a prank! :sad2:

Having people over then finding finger prints all over my tank.

And my favorate:

People I have over that find my magnet cleaner hidden in the back side of the tank.

What are those?

Diatoms are a type of micro algae (usually light brown). It is that 'dusting' of light brown algae that always shows up in new tanks and pops up from time to time in established tanks (especially those with some sort of silicate source).

Back