PH / ORP Groupbuy

bigzman

I recently visited the labs at work and I noticed how many instruments and probes we used. Ask around it and seems they measure ph, temp, orp just like we do in our tanks. But what struck me was the build quality of the probes in the lab. Some were made of glass. I decided to order one for my reef keeper to compare with my pinpoint. Wanted to gauge interest in a group buy for probes. This is the spec on the one I ordered:

Durable body
Booted BNC protects meter connection
Low maintenance sealed gel reference design
Double junction prevents reference cell contamination
1 year limited warranty

These are made buy a iso9001:2008 company and made in the U.S.A.

Please note these probes are not Chinese made like some of the apex, pinpoint, Milwaukee, or reefkeeper. These are Simailar or higher grade than atlas scientific. I will be using two for my system and a third for my planted tank along with ORP.

****Again like other group buys I have held I do not profit and follow RC terms.

Sorry a bit crazy. OK after some great learning from my side and seeing some cool variances and limitations in a lab settings (I am still not an expert) here is the info I have on the quality PH probes for group buy.

Probes will be $58 and here are the specs on it. I strongly ask you to compare as these are not budget probes.

Durable body
Booted BNC protects meter connection
Low maintenance sealed gel reference design
Double junction prevents reference cell contamination
Warranty: One year limited warranty
100% manufactured in the USA (also ISO 9001:2008 certified)
All probes are 100% tested before shipping
Measurement Range: 0-14 pH (low NA+ ion error)
Response Time: 95% in 1 second (faster and accurate calibration)
Isopotential: 7.00 pH
Offset: 0.2%
Span: > 97%
Cable Length: 1 meter
Diameter: 12mm
Length: 150mm
Junction Number: Double (2)
Junction Material: Pellon
Reference Solution: 3.5 M KCl/AgCl/KNO3 (gel)
Glass Shape: Bulb
Temperature Range: 0-80° C
Bulb Protection: Teeth

As you can see there is a ton of options and most are out of range for what we need and can be very expensive. I saw one that cost over $300 in action.

http://www.asi-sensors.com/ASI/docs/asicatalog_p7.pdf

So far I have 2 suppliers with similar specs probe and it seems pricing is within each other just not sure if we can make the 25 units required compared to amazons generic probes.

Back