Phosphate Removal

bradleym

Premium Member
It's been a long time since I worried much about phosphate removal outside water changes, but I keep getting spikes and so I thought I'd start taking it seriously again. What's the latest & greatest? Is everyone still using TLF reactors with PhosBan? Or is there a better way that I should invest in?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I use an aquamaxx xl reactor with brs gfo. I think I have a brs reactor laying around if ya need one

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

I use an aquamaxx xl reactor with brs gfo. I think I have a brs reactor laying around if ya need one

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
Actually that would be great! I haven't had a GFO reactor in a long time so I was just starting to shop around.

It's been a long time since I worried much about phosphate removal outside water changes, but I keep getting spikes and so I thought I'd start taking it seriously again. What's the latest & greatest? Is everyone still using TLF reactors with PhosBan? Or is there a better way that I should invest in?

GFO or bio pellet reactor are my suggestions. After using PhosBan, lanthanum chloride, and algae turf scrubbers I would suggest GFO is the easiest to implement and Bio pellet would be an easier to maintain.
It is also worth noting that different foods are better or worse for combating rising phosphates.

GFO or bio pellet reactor are my suggestions. After using PhosBan, lanthanum chloride, and algae turf scrubbers I would suggest GFO is the easiest to implement and Bio pellet would be an easier to maintain solution.
It is also worth noting that different foods are better or worse for combating rising phosphates.

GFO or bio pellet reactor are my suggestions. After using PhosBan, lanthanum chloride, and algae turf scrubbers I would suggest GFO is the easiest to implement and Bio pellet would be an easier to maintain.

Thanks, I appreciate the insight!

Back