Phyto

11 ml to start. Everyday for a week if you never feed live phyto. Then double it the next week. After that keep raising the dosage until you meet you tanks demand.

I wouldn’t , I dosed phytoplankton and my po4 went through the roof I dosed 100ml in a 130g though so much more than og reefs recommended

11 ml to start. Everyday for a week if you never feed live phyto. Then double it the next week. After that keep raising the dosage until you meet you tanks demand.
Unfortunately there's no way to know exactly what your tank inhabitants need and most new home reef aquarists end up over feeding the tank which ends up with a nuisance algae bloom.

To the OP, can you post a photo of your tank?

1000008554.jpg

I have 110g tank with about 12 fish, mushrooms and zoas. How often to dose with phyto and how much?
I dose 30 ml of phyto in my 88 gallon tank, but I have two clams (one small, one medium). If I had only mushrooms and zoas, I probably wouldn't dose phyto.

Kevin

Unfortunately there's no way to know exactly what your tank inhabitants need and most new home reef aquarists end up over feeding the tank which ends up with a nuisance algae bloom.

To the OP, can you post a photo of your tank?
If it’s live phytoplankton, you cannot over feed if it’s quality phytoplankton. “Domesticated” strains get pulled out easily by mechanical filtration.

Back