pictures of my GBTA! is it healthy?

it hasnt moved from the day i got it, even when getting extremely stronger lights without aclimating it, adding 800gph to my tank right at it and when it was doing poorly. hopefully it stays where it is for days to come.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15424240#post15424240 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by romsoccer12
it hasnt moved from the day i got it, even when getting extremely stronger lights without aclimating it, adding 800gph to my tank right at it and when it was doing poorly. hopefully it stays where it is for days to come.

Don't be surprised if it moves. Usually once they settle in (which it sounds like yours has), they usually don't move again unless severely stressed, or it is seeking more light/water movement.

its gone through all that stuff and didnt move. its a very hardy adaptable anemone. does anyone know how much a 16-20" gbta would go for?

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15424384#post15424384 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by romsoccer12
its gone through all that stuff and didnt move. its a very hardy adaptable anemone. does anyone know how much a 16-20" gbta would go for?

This would be 1/2 the size of your tank. At this size, it would kill all corals in its path.

NOT a good idea to do this. But, it's your tank and my advice. You choose.

im gonna take your advice. i wont let it get over a foot. even if he doesnt move corals will get to close for comfort. can i post a new thread on this forum on how much something could cost or would i get into trouble with the mods

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15424435#post15424435 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by romsoccer12
move corals will get to close for comfort.

It will sting them - thus killing them. Not just "moving" them.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15424435#post15424435 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by romsoccer12

can i post a new thread on this forum on how much something could cost or would i get into trouble with the mods

I'd ask a mod first. Better to be safe, than sorry.

im gonna take your advice. i wont let it get over a foot. even if he doesnt move corals will get to close for comfort. can i post a new thread on this forum on how much something could cost or would i get into trouble with the mods

You shouldn't start a thread asking how much you should charge for something you are thinking about selling.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15424532#post15424532 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by romsoccer12
can i put it in different words? like how much would be a good price to buy a 12" gbta?

You can try, but not giving the powers that be much credit to figure out what you are getting at.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15424532#post15424532 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by romsoccer12
can i put it in different words? like how much would be a good price to buy a 12" gbta?
Pricing is subjective based on countless variables. Nobody can answer the question for you even if this was the place for such a discussion. You can check selling/trading areas, sponsor sites, other reef keeping sites, quite easily. Of course, going price will change almost daily so take any pricing as an estimate at best.

Reef Centrals selling/trading rules are here:
http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=9796229#post9796229

Thanks.

Things are only worth what someone is willing to pay. A fair price for that size anemone would be in the $80 to $100.00 range.

Back