Pinellas County Local Fish Stores?

sfelman

I'm looking for local fish stores in St. Pete area. I want to buy a protein skimmer for my tank. I went to sealife in st pete today and they only had one, was wondering what other fish stores in the area may have something. Has anyone been to Fins and skins or a tropical reef or another saltwater fish store in the area and are they good stores?

Just buy a used one off the forums here.just make sure you post 14 more meaningful posts so you can buy and sell.you have to have 50 meaningful posts to buy and sell. I have seen some great skimmers on the threads for $100-$130 that will suit your needs.

+1 to buying used

Lots of people here are selling and it seems to be CONSTANT... lots of really great deals to be had.

Thanks for all the input, I have a 46 gal with a 10 gal sump, I recently upgraded from a 20 gal and have an old nano skimmer currently running on it but its too small for the tank. Im looking for an in sump skimmer. I have room for about 6" wide by 8" long, height isn't as big of an issue. I was checking out this skimmer: http://www.bulkreefsupply.com/reef-octopus-classic-110-space-saver-protein-skimmer.html as it is about the largest I can go, however, I will look on the forums some. I saw lgull's but it was a little too large for the space I have.

Just called FAOIS, they suggested an eshopps s-120 which they have in stock. It's a little pricey and a little bit of a drive from my place but what do you guys think? Anyone ever use this skimmer before? Also, I'd prefer to get a new skimmer over a used one.

Good call on calling FAOIS - that would've been my suggestion. They are trustworthy - so you can rely on their recommendation.

Fins and skins on 49th carries eshoppes skimmers. That's probably closer to you. Eshoppes is a good brand because they use sicce pumps (which come with a 5 year warranty).

Back