Pink Anthias, please help!!

fishykid9212

hi I just noticed that my pink anthias has some whitish stuff on the tip of it's fins, is this normal? it also goes under the rock and lies on it's side, at the same spot every time. But its eating well

It could be a form of ich? if you could be more specific or even a picture will help determine what the problem is. The fish can still have a healthy appetite and still have ich. There appetite and such will deteriorate once the disease gets worse.

sorry I've tried I cannot get a clear picture, but I just noticed some white specs on him, What Do I do?? I have shrooms in the tank

If you have a quarantine tank, I would get the fish and place it in there and start treating the fish. If you dont have a quarantine tank your only optionis to do a couple things.

1. Go to your local fish store and get garlic, soak the fishes food in it everytime you feed. This wil helop boostthe fishes immune system and help to fight off the parasite.

2. Treat the tank with a product called Green X. I have used it in my full blown reef of 3 years, with all types of corals, starfish, shrimp etc. It is totally reef safe and will kill the ich parasite.

To avoid a cycle you will want to do a water change on the main tank, and use that for the Qauantine tank. Once that is done set the heater to the same temp as te main tank.
Get a sponge and place tht in the Q tank so bacteria will colonize it and will be able to handle the fish load.
You can use copper, by doing so make sure you follow the directions closely and get a test copper test kit to keep an eye on the level of copper in the tank.
You should have a level of .015
I would also throw a airstone in te Q tank to keep the PH up, as well as frequent water changes so you dont have a ammonia problem. You dont need rock or sand, just use some big pieces of PVC for hiding places.

Back