pistol shrimp,fire fish,yellow watchmens

xmasia

im going to be moving my 50g to a 75g my fire fish and pistol have paired up some what, the fire fish shares his burrow and thats about it.i also have 2 yellow watchmens that share a burrow apart from the pistol.is it possible for 2 watchmens 2 form a relationship with the pistol,if so how long do i wait to put the fire fish in after the others

It is possible, do you know what type of shrimp it is? Both watchman and shrimp are very specific. Unlike clowns, they won't pair up outside their natural buddies. Your best bet for a yellow watchman is a tiger pistol shrimp, Alpheus bellulus

I have seen many gobies and dartfish share the burrow of a pistol, but that is because it is convenient. There is a lot of behavior and communication you can watch in the aquarium between a watchman and their buddy shrimp; this is absent with other fish. They just use the hole

yeah i know i use to have a tiger watchmen pair now my soninlaw has them.i dont think the pistol i have now is a tiger too red, i didnt know if the pair of watchmens would form the relationship with the pistol guess ill find give it a shot..........for my best odds how should i add them mind you ive had them in the 50 for almost a year and the firefish has been with him all along.

There is a lot of behavior and communication you can watch in the aquarium between a watchman and their buddy shrimp
i miss that

Best odds is to keep them in a small tank. Often never find each other in a big one. Sorry, know thats not the answer you want.

Would add them and be patient. they can pair up quickly, or take many months to. Not as predictable as clowns

Back