Please help with fish list - TIA

Beadz

Here is the list I came up with…this tank is for my daughter so these are her favorites from the master list of size appropriate, community type, reef friendly fish.

Which grouping would you choose?

45g aio tank (36x15x16 display)

-Flame Angel

-Fiji Blue/Green Chromis (1/3/5)

-Ocellaris (1/2)

-Yellow Watchman Goby/Pearly Yellowhead Jawfish

-Midas Blenny

-Firefish purple/Exquisite Firefish/Orchid

Dottyback/Purple Dottyback

-Fathead sunburst Anthias

-Earmuff Wrasse

-Mandarin/Lawnmower Blenny

-Skunk Cleaner Shrimp

I think you’d be able to fit most of that list in that tank. My opinions on the following:

Flame Angel can be a coral nipper but usually a model citizen in a reef setting

Chromis - I’d just do one, my experience is in an aquarium they will kill each other off til there’s one

I’d do the yellow watchman over the sleeper but the sleeper will likely be more a sand sifter

I’d do firefish over dottybacks as dottybacks can be more aggressive/territorial, but if you want the purple color, perhaps a royal gramma?

I’d stay away from the anthias (just due to potential difficulty)

In my opinion the tank is too small for a mandarin but the lawnmower should be fine (I’m not sure on compatability between the lawnmower and Midas)

Just my thoughts. Anything not specifically addressed should be fine otherwise

Anthias can be hard to keep alive. I have never figured out why.
Mandarins are difficult to feed and not for a new tank.

I would add no more than 6 fish and the shrimp to a 45 gallon tank that is an all in one and keep up with the filter maintenance.
Add them 2 at a time. At least a week apart.
Most of the filtration in a reef tank is biological and occurs right in the tank. Adding the fish slowly allows the biofilter to grow as the load on it increases.

Back