Please identify my clam

chris_h

I think my clam is a crocea. People have suggested it is a squamosa. It is an aquacultured clam. What species do you think it is.

smalleditedclam.jpg

scutes.JPG

scutes2.JPG

Thanks for the identification. I did not think that the squamosas were colorful. I hope it does not outgrow my tank.

It is a very beautiful and rare coloration of a T. squamosa. he will grow fast. Much faster and ended up much larger than a Crocea. Where did you get him and how much did he cost?

I paid $30 dollars for it. It was about 2 inches long when I bought it and was connected to a round cement disk thing. I got it at the green tree pet center in Clarksville Indiana.

very nice clam. Croceas can have some really nice colourtion, I have a bright purple one that is a deep blue from above.

Very sweet clams. I have 2 squamosas that touch the feeder tentacles of a wellsophyllia brain every night. The clams do not seem bothered at all.

George

According to Daniel Knop, corals don't sting clams but I was still a bit wary until I woke up one day and the elegance had its tentacles all over the clam. It has been that way for almost a month and doesn't seem to bother the clam at all.

Chris,
Beautiful Clam. If it out grows your tank don't worry I think I could find room for it...hehehe
Renae:D

Back