Please! quick tip before water change?!

One fish

In Memoriam
Hi all. I have been mixing rodi and salt in a bucket for now 12 hours but I used a pump and heater from my tank and am now thinking that would have spiked ammonia in my bucket of water. Can I add it to the tank or should I use prime? Sorry if this is a confusing question, just worried about using a pump and heater from an existing aquarium instead of a dry one. :bounce3:

it'll be fine imo but if you're worried you could use prime. you should get another pump to mix salt.

If the water was sitting for 12 hours it is room temp (a few degrees below tank temp?). I have never heated my water changed water. IMO it is a waste of time and electricity.

How big is your tank? How big is the change? Personally I have never heated my change/rodi water ever...but you should be fine either way

i personally only heat change water in winter even when sitting 8-12 hours it doesnt quite get warm enough.i think my issue is that my rodi hooks to the outdoor faucet so its cold

I don't see how using a heater or power head from another tank could spike ammonia, or cause any problems at all. Am I missing something?

Back