Pooky's 300

Thanks. Althought I think that's the only similarity we share. I am not even in the same league as ChingChai's. I can only look in from the periphery.

OMG!!! I've been so busy that I totally forgot that the tank is 2 years old this month. It was actually two years ago last week that the first drop of saltwater went into the tank. Happy belated B-day to my tank!!! :celeb1:

This calls for some Vodka!

:beer: :bounce3: :bounce1: :bounce2: :celeb2: :celeb1: :celeb3:

In the tank, of course ;)

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15565446#post15565446 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by pookstreet
OMG!!! I've been so busy that I totally forgot that the tank is 2 years old this month. :celeb1:

:thumbsup:

Congrats...damn, maybe I should start counting how many years mines been up....more than the fingers I have in one hand

Hey Kenny, you say you have trouble with your sps, but you also have a lot of nippers. Don't they nip the sps and maybe that's the problem?

Thanks y'all :D

Leo, I don't really have any nippers, at least not in the 300, yet ;) I've never seen my Genicanthus nip at anything, probably b/c I feed them so much. Plus, the way the Acros are dying is nothing like they are being chewed on. It's either RTN, STN, or just slimes off.

Well, so much for a short lived happy birthday. I just pulled out another 6" colony tonight. Half of it started sliming up so it's better safe than sorry :(

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15565994#post15565994 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by aquariumclown
I'm very annoyed right now, my Lemark is nipping my very hairy new Millies. :mad2:

You need to feed it more. Don't be so skimpy :)

I don't want to feed him more, he's huge already, fat *** belly. I feel like the more i feed the more he will eat, you know where i can find a fish treadmill? I'm gonna watch him for awhile, might borrow your fish trap sooner than I thought.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15565446#post15565446 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by pookstreet
OMG!!! I've been so busy that I totally forgot that the tank is 2 years old this month. It was actually two years ago last week that the first drop of saltwater went into the tank. Happy belated B-day to my tank!!! :celeb1:
Happy birthday! :beer:

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15566989#post15566989 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by aquariumclown
BTW, your Genicanthus are still small right? mine is 6"+ now

The watanabei male/female duo are both around 6", without the streamers. The melanospilos pair are around 4" and the bellus pair are 2.5-3". You are welcome to try the trap anytime. They are both currently available.

I was thinking about getting a Lamarck* Angelfish. I read that they were pretty much the lease dangerous Angelfish that you could get.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15567702#post15567702 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by scaryperson27
I was thinking about getting a Lamarck* Angelfish. I read that they were pretty much the lease dangerous Angelfish that you could get.

Yea, mine is, has been for 6 years. Just seems the bigger he gets the more he eyed the corals, then nipped. He's nipped my Acans but I don't think he likes the taste so he stopped, didn't do any damage. But if he consistently nipps at my millies, we might have a problem.

The Genicanthus are about as reef safe as angels come. But with that said, there is always a small chance that they'll nip at some corals. There are no guarantees, unfortunately.

After over 2 years, I finally got off my lazy butt and added some more lighting :rolleye1: Had to fudge around a bit b/c the light rack was just a hair too short to acommodate the VHO's. In the end, it came out ok. Not what I had hoped for but workable and acceptable.

The additional lighting actually consists of 2 6' VHO super actinics flanking 2 5' T5HO Aquablue+. Of course, not having the sense to check the T5 bulbs when I first got them 2 years ago, one of them is broken. They were still sitting inside the shipping tube with the original seals on :eek:

Anyways, b/c they are driven by separate IC 660 ballasts, I can actually use the VHO's for now and have to wait until I can order another T5 bulb. I hope it won't be another 2 years before I put up the 4th LumenMax Elite pendant :lol:

Boy, do the VHO's look good. They really give the tank that intangible pop using halides alone. I already love them.

IMG_6431.jpg

Just the VHO's on
IMG_6434.jpg

Halides and VHO's. Please excuse the coraline on the front pane. Did I mention I am lazy???

IMG_6440.jpg

Back