poor cuttlefish.

kurt72

so i saw my first cuttlefish at a LFS. i do not know enough about cuttlefish or any ceph for that matter to identify it. but they wanted $150.00 for it. it just looked sad back in the corner of it's little 5 gallon tank. :(

i did watch it change colors. lots of people walked by and had no idea what it was.

so if you are in the san diego area, Pet Kingdom has a cuttlefish.

Almost all Ceph people recommend against buying adult wild caught cuttles. They often ship poorly, they are often expensive, and they prolly won' t live very long.

Poor little guy. If I wasn't sick, I would totally go see him. I love Cuttlefish.

Do they actually sell aqua-cultured ones? Wonder if they are easy to take care of and are reef friendly?

- Philippe

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12351228#post12351228 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by pcon
Do they actually sell aqua-cultured ones? Wonder if they are easy to take care of and are reef friendly?

- Philippe

there are a few people on tonmo with captive laid/hatched cuttles.

Danny at Pet Kingdom said stop by anytime to discuss the tank size, and the fact that they are not adults and they are still juvi's. Must be a different species than you were thinking it was Thales.

Unless they were captive raised there is no way to really tell their age. I would be very surprised if they were anything other than bandensis, any chance someone could post a pic?

Re: poor cuttlefish.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12288319#post12288319 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by kurt72

so if you are in the san diego area, Pet Kingdom has a cuttlefish.

And they got them right next to the most beautiful peacock mantis. I was watching them for awhile, their really cute.

Back