Poseiden Pump

solitude127

Proud user of IO Salt!
I'm looking for a silent external pump and I think this is the one for me, the PS4. Since it is water cooled and the wattage is uses is 140 watts, I'm assuming those 140watts of heat get transferred into the tank. Is this the same concept of a submersible pump? If a submersible pump uses 140watts, will it transfer the same amount of heat as the PS4 since it's 140watts? Or does the PS4 heat up the water more than the watts it uses? Thanks

Yes, 140W of heat in the water is 140W internal or external doesn't matter. I run a PS4 and it is really amazing. Not quiet, but silent. You plug it in and water starts to flow and you dont hear a thing. You have to touch it to tell its running.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15472018#post15472018 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by solitude127
How do you like barb outlet as opposed to threaded?
The barb is not my favorite feature, but is not hard to deal with. I adapted it to 1" thread easily enough. I switched from an air cooled Mak4 to this pump because of the heat. I have a basement sump and the heaters ran a lot to keep the tank up to temp because of the cool basement. This helps to cut down on electricity used by the heaters. If your system runs on the hot side, this is not the pump for you. If you want a dead silent, small, reliable external and the heat is not an issue, its a great pump.

Back