Potters Angel with Small White Round Bulges Coming Out

dotcommer

I purchased this beautiful Potters Angel yesterday from a LFS and after drip acclimating it before putting it into the QT tank, I noticed these white raised dots coming out of it. It doesn't look like ICH to me. Any ideas?

I immediately dosed the QT with PraziPro at the recommended dose. I added an extra power head to make sure to provide as much oxygen as possible since PraziPro tends to eat up Oxygen. There is no carbon in the HOB filter.

Potters_zps528e6709.jpg

potters2_zps74184f9a.jpg

5f1411c4-1729-40fe-b50a-b9e7815f9ad7_zps29b89dbf.jpg

I've seen lympho set in fast but not in the manner you describe. If it is flukes the prazi should work.

Thanks for the post. I just read up on Lymphocystis and the photo of the tang I saw on another forum looks similar to what I am seeing. So I am going to watch to see if there are any changes in the next few days.

They say there is no treatment
There is no medicinal treatment and attempting to treat with a product could well worsen the situation, especially if medications are dumped into the display aquaria.

Hopefully there will be more suggestions from others seeing this post, so I can narrow it down and hopefully find out what it is.

I had a flame angel with these raised bumps after introducing an unquarantined sea urchin. I originally thought ich but the spots were much bigger and almost looked like pimples...turned out to be brooklynella.

I had a flame angel with these raised bumps after introducing an unquarantined sea urchin. I originally thought ich but the spots were much bigger and almost looked like pimples...turned out to be brooklynella.

Did your flame Angel get very slimy? I heard that is one of the signs as well. Brooklynella can definitely be a possibility. I spoke to the LFS I purchased him from and they said to do a fresh water dip each day over the next few days.

Did your flame Angel get very slimy? I heard that is one of the signs as well. Brooklynella can definitely be a possibility. I spoke to the LFS I purchased him from and they said to do a fresh water dip each day over the next few days.
After about a week he had mucous trailing off him. I was doing tank transfer because I thought it was ich but the day I did the 3rd transfer I saw the mucous and his coloring was off. I immediately began formalin dips. Freshwater dips will not cure brook.
After 5 formalin dips done every other day he finally got rid of it.

After about a week he had mucous trailing off him. I was doing tank transfer because I thought it was ich but the day I did the 3rd transfer I saw the mucous and his coloring was off. I immediately began formalin dips. Freshwater dips will not cure brook.
After 5 formalin dips done every other day he finally got rid of it.

Great info to know. Thank you.

Back