Powder blue tang turned black and thin

sivakumar12001

Hello All,

My powder blue tang turned black and thin. Since 2 months I have this fish. Sudden ick attacked to my powder blue tang. Rest all fishes are fine no sign of ick. My problem with this tang I am dosing reef revolution parasite removal Since 7days now no ick on fish but it turned color black and it not actually swimming. Can any one tell me the issue.
I attacked a video please have a look.
Water parameters
Ammonia 0
Nitrite 0
Nitrate 3ppm
Temp 28c

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220416-172737_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20220416-172737_Gallery.jpg
    540.2 KB · Views: 13
I am not sure what the ingredients are of the med being used. Never used it so I can't comment on that. But all fish need to be removed from the main tank and need to be treated with either hypo or copper or tank transfer method. Along with running antibiotics to manage secondary bacterial infections.
Add selcon or fish vitamins to food and nori. This fish looks on the edge. Will need a lot of care to bring it back

Hello All,

My powder blue tang turned black and thin. Since 2 months I have this fish. Sudden ick attacked to my powder blue tang. Rest all fishes are fine no sign of ick. My problem with this tang I am dosing reef revolution parasite removal Since 7days now no ick on fish but it turned color black and it not actually swimming. Can any one tell me the issue.
I attacked a video please have a look.
Water parameters
Ammonia 0
Nitrite 0
Nitrate 3ppm
Temp 28c
Has he been hungry?
They can easily lose appetite during ick and treatments with Meds and that can be problematic.
I’d hypo him in new waters.
I’d add some selcon to some nori and keep him fed.
Certainly stressed out.

Possible result of medications, even copper can lower appetite.
He must start for survival.
If your treating only for ick, 1.009 salinity (hypo-salinity) might be easier on him.

Back