PPE cousins?

heuerfan

I posted a pic of these awhile back when they had speckled centers but now the speckles are gone, just a dark purple center. Could these be the infamous PPE's, or just a cousin? :)

Picture taken with no lights on, just the camera's flash.

Thanks for your comments.

zoos.JPG

Speckled centers IMO are just them being blasted with a ton of light. My PPE's are half normal and half speckled. Odd how some polyps are different but I did have them under MH high up.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6529620#post6529620 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by jay24k
Speckled centers IMO are just them being blasted with a ton of light. My PPE's are half normal and half speckled. Odd how some polyps are different but I did have them under MH high up.

Hmm, good point, person i got them from had them under 250watt halides, now they've been in a tank with power compacts and 70 watts of metal halide. Makes sense.

I'd say PPE's, too. Mine don't have spots yet, but my RPE's do. They were also pretty high up in the tank for a while...

IME and IMO "people eater" type polyps really need strong lighting (MH/VHO/T5) to bring out their true colors, and 20k and actinic always helps bring out even more color.

I've seen other PE's under mostly PC and they kinda look "blah".

So yeah....they could be, or might be something else

....i'm smelling a lighting upgrade! ;)

Just might be the real deal.
I had problems with mine speckleing when I placed them too high in the tank also.
They are just fine now down at the bottom.
I like the way mine look under 14k Hamiltons.

Back