New Fish

reefing102

Dulce et decorum est pro patria mori
Premium Member
Stopped by the local Petco and picked up a couple new fish. These will be in observation for a bit.

First up, and the only one I got pic of is the speckled damsel (got 2). This one the tail is nipped a bit as it was being picked on by a much larger lemon damsel.
IMG_0122.jpeg

Then I also got a splendid dottyback (they were 50% off). No pic but this one has been there about 3 weeks now.

Here’s the splendid before going into observation
IMG_0123.jpeg

After some research, it’ll be interesting with these damsels. They seem to get quite ugly when they get bigger. We shall see.

Oh forgot to add I also got what was sold as 5 Lattice Trochus which I believe are Trochus Maculatus

I just saw the picture of your new speckled damsel, and it looks stunning! Could you tell me the name of this fish? I also want to add it to my aquarium.

I just saw the picture of your new speckled damsel, and it looks stunning! Could you tell me the name of this fish? I also want to add it to my aquarium.
The speckled damsel is - Pomacentrus bankanensis. Neither unfortunately made it through quarantine.

The splendid has also gone missing. Added to the main tank and haven’t seen it since then (mid December ish)

The speckled damsel is - Pomacentrus bankanensis. Neither unfortunately made it through quarantine.

The splendid has also gone missing. Added to the main tank and haven’t seen it since then (mid December ish)
In my last aquarium, the first fish to go in the water was a Christmas wrasse. He promptly disappeared, and I thought he jumped out or was just dead in the rock work somewhere. I added some other fish and proceeded to add other livestock after a month or so. Then, one day, I came home from work and went to go feed the fish and check out the tank. Surprise! The Christmas wrasse was out patrolling the rock work.

Back