Prisitine plumbing thread!

kentrob11

Premium Member
OK so I'k one of those anal retentive people that thinks the plumbing, filtration of a reef system should be nearly as interesting/impressive as the tank itself so I'm starting a thread to showcase systems that could win "behind the scenes system of the month" here on RC :p I want to see well thought out plumbing/filtration photos that exemplify clean plumbing and clean filtration installations. This is not a simple"show me your plumbing" thread! Only the cleanest, most impressive installations please :) Who's first?

This will be awesome. I feel the same way and am in the process of setting plumbing on a 118 with a Dart and OM closed loop.

Can't wait to see some inspiring pictures!

dantimdad

Ooh this will be good. I'm a sucker for a good clean install.

The first guy that comes to mind is Brett- Putawaywet. He always goes the extra mile to make it look clean. I know there are lots more out there.

Ok, Not the greatest, but these were pretty clean installs.

500G predator tank with a Gen 1 RK2 fractionator (insulated since the water is 52 degrees:) )
mini_ES5_plbg.jpg

Surge for a huge hex reef tank
mini_DSCF0040.jpg

Alternating surge for a sand dollar exhibit
mini_Ballvalve_surge_2.jpg

Ugh...now that Brett has posted his beautiful plumbing job...I refuse to embarrass myself :) very tight Brett!

That's what I'm talking about guys....Keep em coming! Anybody got a clean install with gray PVC/fittings?

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15279532#post15279532 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by jb61264
Ugh...now that Brett has posted his beautiful plumbing job...I refuse to embarrass myself :) very tight Brett!

Haha, thanks, jb61264. Don't feel embarrassed, lets see your setup! :)

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15280230#post15280230 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by ah30k
Brett, is your tank set up in a pharma clean-room or a surgical suite? Holy smokes

Hehe, I did do a lot of surgical plumbing though. :lol:

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15281983#post15281983 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Rhodes19
Wow!!! Brett, nicely done. That looks like a nice standard to follow. :eek:

Thanks Rhodes. :) Here's a couple quick videos of the sump in action if anyone cares. The noise is exaggerated because I'm using my crappy point and shoot camera for the vid. :)

my camera is having a seizure in this humidity, sorry best pic of many.

I'm just putting the finishing touches on the plumbing of my 90g SPS build using a barracuda as the return pump.

Your thoughts?

DSCF0922.jpg

DCP05483.jpg

Drummereef-Brett

In a couple of your pictures I can see some type of hangar that your PVC is on. Where'd you get them and or what are they called?

Nice clean set-up !

Henry,
I got some just like them at Lowes, but really any place that sells plumbing should have something similar. They are commonly used to support DWV plumbing.
HTH

I don't really have any plumbing stuff to post but I guess these have a little bit of plumbing in them :p I have to admit that I am every bit as excited about building the filtration/plumbing part of my next system as I am the tank itself. I'm a big fan of unions, modified unions and valves so there will be quite a few of them. The main tank will be about 750 gallons so you can imagine how much of that stuff will be in use!

8543imaggbve0.jpg

8543image546.jpg

Back