Prisitine plumbing thread!

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15283341#post15283341 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Henry Bowman
Drummereef-Brett

In a couple of your pictures I can see some type of hangar that your PVC is on. Where'd you get them and or what are they called?

Nice clean set-up !

Hey Henry, I got my pvc hangers from Lowes. You can find them in the plumbing department by the pvc fittings. They have them in all sizes from 1" up to 3" or so. Maybe even bigger. The only thing I don't like about the 1" hangers is the length is shorter than the 1.5" hangers. Overall they are great when you need to stabilize your plumbing. ;)

My 270, still sorting out electrical wiring...

Several threads have influenced my design, particularly Hop's overall fish room 'style'.

20090615_tank_rear.jpg

Too much $ in gray PVC fittings.

pvc_010_640.jpg

Thanks!
Almost all of it is Sch 40.
There are a few pieces that were either not made or out of stock that ended up being Sch 80.
Also a few pieces that were only available in white and had to be painted gray to satisfy my compulsion.

Brett, The videos are great.

TurboGuru, Nice lay out.

I wish I could have a fish room! Every thing will be under the stand so neat, organized plumbing is a must.

kentrob11, I hope this is clean enough to qualify for your thread.
Might I ask where your shots are? Just seems like the person that wants to see clean plumbing installs would share with all of us as well.
I can see that I need to ditch the plumbers tape for some of them plastic PVC hangers, they look so much cleaner.
DSC01016.jpg

DSC01018.jpg

DSC01019.jpg

DSC01020.jpg

Thanks for sharing these azreefer, in the second picture down, center back wall with the four fittings in the square, what are they? and are the butterfly valves in the same picture stainless steel?
Thanks again, tell your friend he does some wonderful work :)

Those are flow meters. The valves are not stainless. The only stainless we ever use is in drum filters like these...

MSI-1-09-06004.jpg

The stainless has problems after a while too. That's an 18 bulb flow through UV in front of the drum filter.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15283232#post15283232 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by TurboGuru
my camera is having a seizure in this humidity, sorry best pic of many.

I'm just putting the finishing touches on the plumbing of my 90g SPS build using a barracuda as the return pump.

Your thoughts?

DSCF0922.jpg

DCP05483.jpg

where have I seen this before?

Jim

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15286360#post15286360 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Rhodes19
Brett, The videos are great.

TurboGuru, Nice lay out.

I wish I could have a fish room! Every thing will be under the stand so neat, organized plumbing is a must.

Thanks Rhodes! Everyone's plumbing in this thread is awesome looking. Good luck on your build. ;)

Back