Professional tank movers or free 8' 240g reef tank

Caragol

Caragol
I'm not actually looking to move mine, but I may give it away for free to someone who could have it professionally moved rather than destroy it.

It's a reef ready 240g 8' x 2' x 2' monster and it's glass, and it's in my basement. I know the nightmare it was getting it down there and that was with the help of gravity. I'm considering selling my home soon and guessing the next people will ask that it not be there. So, I either have to destroy it somehow, or offer it up for free.

My fear is that a guy brings a couple of buddies over not knowing what they're getting into and destroying my home and drywall trying to get it out. This is a 400lb slippery glass box with no handles.

Your looking at about 400lbs, mine was 468, 3/4” glass.
While slow, 4 guys only, 1 on each corner, will get that out.
I paid some FIT young men, $100 each, they were all 20ish.
It would be a total shame to destroy that.
Either way, seems you want it out.
If your moving, I good mover will easily get that out.
A tank of that size is worth $3000-$5000 dollars.
So ask $1000 and make it “as is” cash and carry.

Your looking at about 400lbs, mine was 468, 3/4” glass.
While slow, 4 guys only, 1 on each corner, will get that out.
I paid some FIT young men, $100 each, they were all 20ish.
It would be a total shame to destroy that.
Either way, seems you want it out.
If your moving, I good mover will easily get that out.
A tank of that size is worth $3000-$5000 dollars.
So ask $1000 and make it “as is” cash and carry.
I was going to make it free, but someone has to be insured to get it out of my home. I can't have some local dudes just show up never having moved a tank of this size, hanging around my house for hours unprepared trying to figure it out and banging up my walls. They'll need to have their glass suction cups and belts ready and be ready to reimburse for damage. That's the trick. It is a shame, but I can't risk my home sale on strangers I've never met thinking they can move 400lbs of slippery glass. I think this is also 3/4", it's been a while, I had it custom made despite it being a common shape.

Blue line Corals has installers/movers according to their site.
Are they an option?
Sounds like it’s a very tight maneuver. In your case, a professional or just make it smaller if you don’t want it.
Mine was easy, from truck on street 50feet, up 5 steps, around a corner, up another 5 and in it was.
Say 15 minutes.

Call piano movers or local household movers. They'll pad it up and strap it to a piano skid and have it wisked out of there before you know what happened.

Back