Protein Skimmer for Solana 34 gallon tank

rhalterman

I am looking for a good protein skimmer that would fit into the back of my Current Solana 34 gallon aquarium. We are really hoping to find one that would fit in the back, but if you have suggestions for a good HOB that would help to. My wife and I got lucky and bought most of the setup and coral from a guy looking to get out of the hobby as we were getting into it. Unfortunately the stock protein skimmer didn't come with it. I posted some pictures below. Any critique/suggestions always welcome.

Attachments

• 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 0
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 0
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 0
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 0
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 0
I bet in nnovative Marine skimmer would fit.
I would also think about trading out the tang. I know its like your favorite fish (we all love them) but keeping one in a tank this small just seems mean. Tank looks good.

I like the Solana tanks a lot, they just look really clean and sleek. What about the hydor slim or nano, could possible fit.

Would have to agree with Tundra on the Tang, maybe trade it in to your LFS and use the credit towards a skimmer.

I am actually selling my JNS WS-1, with a simple modification to the return, it will fit in the first chamber, need to build a stand of about 4-5", then all set, looks great on the tank. This is the setup I used, now I have a sump, so I went larger. PM me if interested.

I have a DeltecMCE 300 on my Solana, I have it hanging on the side of the tank right now since the skimmer needs a high water level to keep the siphon going. I use to keep in the back of the tank but I had to raise the water in the back chambers almost all the way up toward the top of the tank. I kept it there for about a year and just moved it when I started seeing problems with my corals. The skimmer seems to work better hanging on the side since the move.

Back