Purple Hornets

huskerreef

Well I have successfully won an ebay auction for 1 "Purple Hornet Zoanthid Polyp". I'm very pumped to see how it does, no margin for error when you only get 1 polyp. I have read were they have been going for $300 a polyp, but got mine in a heated battle of bidding for half that. I will post pics once it arrives. Also picked up some lord acan frags as well from same company in the auction since additional items freight was included.

i want to see pics also. i have 2 polyps that came as hitchhikers under a florida ric rock that are looking really close to purple hornets.if anything they'r blue hornets. they're pretty small tho, i have them seperated now and am hoping they start to spread. i've seen alot of "are these purple hornet" threads and mine look alot closer than most i've seen so wish me luck. i'll get pics of them sometime soon.

I tried to take pics, but my camera doesn't do well on that close up of a shot. To me they are a very cool looking Zoa, but I have yet to see why everyone is nuts about them. Maybe as it gets bigger and starts to spread I will see the reason for the fan fare. There are a lot of corals that look freaking amazing when shot with a macro lense but to the eye they aren't so special. At this point I think the Purple Hornet is one of them.

That is funny. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and my wife is yet to see it. She likes the hobby and the coral, but I could spend a large amount or $5 on a coral and the wife would like the latter even without knowing price. Jbob post up some pics, maybe you are sitting on a gold mine:beer:

i tried to get some pics last night, but my camera seems to hate my new blue+ bulbs and i havn't been home since i got my new bulbs to even see the daylights on:( i'm planing on taking some this weekend for sure, hopefully i can get some good ones.

got off early today :) so heres some pics, it's a little hard to see since the pics were taken horizontally to the polyp but the center is purple.

Picture556.jpg

Picture555.jpg

i need to do something about the algea around it. the other polyp i have isn't in a good place for pictures but they're the same.

Back