Isn't that a lot more work?

1000012422.jpg

1000012423.jpg

just a couple pics I snagged off my wife's phone over the weekend, I thought I had taken like a dozen but she said these were the only ones still on her phone lol.

That brown/pink/flesh colored zoa is the one I refer to often as a "rescue". I had no idea what color it would be when we bought it. It has the longest tentacles I've ever seen on a zoa. It started on that frag that's struggling in my office (other thread), and now I have that colony and a colony the same size growing in my display tank. it may actually become a nuisance zoa since it's not a super attractive color.

Also, as healthy as things are, it feels like their growth has slowed a bit. Last night I experimented and doubled the amount of benepets reef food I fed the tank. (90% targeted feeding, then broadcast what's left). The container tells you how much to feed, but doesn't say based upon a tank size. so I need to research that further and make sure I'm feeding enough.

yeah, I think I've been under feeding a tiny bit. with about 40g of water, I've been feeding the <25g portions because that was the recommended dose on the jar, but it doesn't clarify tank size. going forward we'll see if a little extra food causes good or harm:

1714059871219.png

Now that some of my colonies are starting to touch, I'm watching carefully to see what happens next and if I should frag a couple polyps to keep one from overtaking the next.

Back