QT Tank

SeanySean

I have a spare taank which I am setting up as a QT Tank, To try and reduce the time for cycling I am wanting to use some spare bioballs and sponges from the main tank.

Will this be ok or will the new made water destroy the bacteria on the sponges.
Would it be better to push start the amonia cycle then add the sponges so they have food?

The water is at the correct params for now as is basicaly new water with no load that has been running for a few days

If your just adding one fish to your QT, adding a sponge from the main tank to your QT filter will be fine.
Feed lightly, and keep the food from building up on the bottom floor of the QT. and do your water changes and you should be good to go.

Make sure your cycle is complete before adding fish. It should still take 2-3 weeks for a good cycle. Test your water often.

I am wanting to put an anemone in the tank straight away, how could I go about doing this, do you think that an anemone will cause a spike soon, it is not that big.

I will not be treating the QT tank with anything as all disease is gone, this is more for recovery, so what I was thinking...

I have an old skimmer that I will be using for the filter, I want to fill this with sand from the main tank and a sponge 1 peice of LR which the Anemone is attached. The only thing that will be different is the water

Can you see problems with this?

Back