Question about lighting a 75gal

annanymous

After reading a lot about LEDs and T5s and different fixtures and DIY projects, I was thinking of going with either 2 ReefBreeders Photon16 fixtures or 1 Photon32 and adding 2-3 T5 bulbs to help improve SPS growth.

PS: forgot to mention that will be predominantly SPS tank with some zoos/shrooms/ and some LPS.

Please let me know if you think this combo will be sufficient and covering a good spectrum in terms of color? All inputs are welcome :reading:

Two of the 16's will work great. One 32 will work well too, but you may have a small fall off of PAR at the ends of the tank. I have 2 IT2080's (Photon32) over my 180g and they work great. Why do you want to add t5's? I had 4 250w MH, 4 39w t5's and 36 leds blues before I switched to the IT2080. I have a higher PAR now than I did with the old lights.

I have read in many places that to get the best growth rate for SPS you still need T5s in addition to LEDs. I've looked for a few days already and cant seem to find any good growth rate pics with LEDs. If you know any threads with such, pelase share.

I would love to have only LEDs as that way I can skip the canopy, but I want to make sure [to quote someone else] that the SPS I keep dont only survive but thrive.
Please advise

Back