Question about Local Fish Stores?

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6913113#post6913113 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by atlantisjw
:sad2: Whys everbody always picking on me? Dude You really should read what you write.:(

Im not picking on you! I never said a single store in specific. I was just talking in general... The only thing I said about you was that you had a website.

Im sure everyone is wondering... This post wasn't about a local fish store that posts on this board.

Tell me what to do when I call and ask about something or go into the store and ask them to get me a price on something, they tell me they are too busy right now and will look into it and call me back. I give them my cell phone number and then I never hear from them again? I then email them and they apologize for not calling me back and they still don't answer the question about the price of the item i inquired about...

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6913160#post6913160 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by atlantisjw
I didn't sat that. I was trying to tell you that's what you sound like

Sorry :mixed:
I really am sorry guys/gals. I never intended for this to be what it became. I apologize.

Not getting into this but are we being visited by the ghost of Flreefs or his other names he used when ever he P.O everyone.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6913237#post6913237 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by TheFishManiac
Not getting into this but are we being visited by the ghost of Flreefs or his other names he used when ever he P.O everyone.

who is Flreefs?

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6912998#post6912998 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by nikonosis
by this thread Im not trying to make anyone answer any pms or emails. I just wondered why they weren't being answered. Now from what everyone says I guess they are just to busy with everything else to answer them. That is a perfectly good answer for me and I am sorry for getting everyone so upset.

You didn't get me upset, but it does seem that when offered reasons as to why you weren't getting answers (see my first response) you responded with either more criticism or statements that made it seem that you didn't want to accept any answer. For example, your response to my post was:

so i guess I have to drive down the road to make a call or drive 50 miles across town just to ask a question? Also, every single store here in North East Florida posts on this web site so I don't understand why they can't answer my private questions that have nothing to do with using RC for business purposes.

To me, this not only sounded very sarcastic but sounded like you were saying "Why should I do anything, they should respond to me in the medium of my choice, not based on how they set up their business (based on my opinion that none of the local stores are setup as 'Internet stores', but as brick and mortar whose business is based primarily on walk in customers and some phone calls)."

Now, before flames start. I am not flaming or attacking you. I am only responding with how your answers seemed to me.

Also, as I said in an earlier post, anyone retailer who says they will call you back (or email you back), should, in deed call you back. And if they are unable to reach you, leave a message if they do not get a hold of you.

With that, I've offered my opinion as to why you may not be getting responses to your emails/PMs and will leave it at that.

Mike

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6913265#post6913265 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by mpdharley
You didn't get me upset, but it does seem that when offered reasons as to why you weren't getting answers (see my first response) you responded with either more criticism or statements that made it seem that you didn't want to accept any answer. For example, your response to my post was:

To me, this not only sounded very sarcastic but sounded like you were saying "Why should I do anything, they should respond to me in the medium of my choice, not based on how they set up their business (based on my opinion that none of the local stores are setup as 'Internet stores', but as brick and mortar whose business is based primarily on walk in customers and some phone calls)."

Now, before flames start. I am not flaming or attacking you. I am only responding with how your answers seemed to me.

Also, as I said in an earlier post, anyone retailer who says they will call you back (or email you back), should, in deed call you back. And if they are unable to reach you, leave a message if they do not get a hold of you.

With that, I've offered my opinion as to why you may not be getting responses to your emails/PMs and will leave it at that.

Mike

I will be the first to admit I am horrible at wording things on here so that I don't sound like a jackass. Now that I read that I understand what you are saying. It just didn't seem like that to me at the time when I wrote it. I wasn't trying to be sarcastic. I did get a little defensive though and I am sorry for that. I just meant that I thought since the local fish stores posted on RC and have websites with email address's to contact them that it was ok to pm with questions and that they would want people in the local area to email them with questions to be answered. I didn't know that they were to busy or that its not really part of their business to do the internet thing.

Last edited:
btw I don't have a land line phone because I really don't need another bill and I have my cell phone to make short calls if needed, like ordering pizza or something. I use the internet alot to talk to friends, lfs's, and various other things because I feel its alot easier to email someone with a specific part number or something along those lines than it is to try and explain it over the phone. I certainly don't think its anyones responsibility to cater to my needs by answering pms and emails when it really isn't part of the way the people here run their buisness. When I started this thread I didn't know that and I really thought you guys wanted people email/pm you.

I bother Rob and Atlantis all of the time over the net. They have always offered help and answers to my questions.

Back