question!

KatieB

Just a circulation questions, I've found someone on craigslist selling 3 marineland 660s for $8 a piece. I have a 55 gallon tank and plan to have coral, but I've only ever used Koralias, so I know nothing about this kind. Granted that they're in good shape, is that a good price. Any pros and cons comparing Koralias to the marineland....Do they hang off the side of my tank or can I position them where I want?

ALSO, are these for under gravel filter because I don't have one??? If so, this guy is lying...

powerheads like the ones you are looking at are comminly used for undergravel filters... that does not mean you HAVE to use it for that. you could use those powerheads but the problem with them is they have a very direct stream of flow. Many people on this site would suggest koralia powerheads. they are low on power consumption and have a much much wider flow of water. Wich will definatly be better for your tank.

However if you dont have about 70-90 bucks to spend of 2 of these go ahead for those ones.

Ok, thank you for the feedback. I'm just going to go with the koralia powerheads, that's what I know and I feel like they'll be worth the price.

Back