Quick Question

hawkfish21

I came home today to find one of my female Reidi's dead in the overflow. She never really ate much in the three months I had her. Do I need to get her mate another partner?

no- they do do better in pairs, but I'd want you to answer questions first:
didn't you have problems with them getting sucked into the overflow? how was that resolved?
how many horses do you have?
whats the flow like in the tank?
what have you been/were you feeding (in the course of having them)
what else is in the tank?

the reason to answer these, is to prevent other deaths. oh, and were they CB or TR or WC? if they were sold to you as 'cb' where did you get them, and how much did they cost? most reidi being sold are net-pen raised (I have pictures on a thread if anyone needs a reference) and are therefore, WC that come eating frozen... so she may have pathogens... but thats another story, and I'll wait till ya can answer those questions.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6960256#post6960256 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Swanwillow
no- they do do better in pairs, but I'd want you to answer questions first:
didn't you have problems with them getting sucked into the overflow? how was that resolved?
how many horses do you have?
whats the flow like in the tank?
what have you been/were you feeding (in the course of having them)
what else is in the tank?

the reason to answer these, is to prevent other deaths. oh, and were they CB or TR or WC? if they were sold to you as 'cb' where did you get them, and how much did they cost? most reidi being sold are net-pen raised (I have pictures on a thread if anyone needs a reference) and are therefore, WC that come eating frozen... so she may have pathogens... but thats another story, and I'll wait till ya can answer those questions.

I never had problems with them getting sucked in. She must have drifted up there when she died. The only thing I feed them is PE Mysis. The tank consists of three Reidi, two pipefish & a small Mandarin that eats PE as well. That particular female was from ORA or so my LFS says. I doubt it was pathogens since all my other horses are fine.

Back