Quietest return pump?

Aqua_expert19

Hey Ive had a vectra m1 for a long time and it just died so I did a quick look and saw that sicce started making dc pumps and thought I would give that a try. I purchased a sdc 9.0. It has a very noticeable low end hum that we think is gonna drive us crazy over time. I installed it last night. The vectra m1 did also have a hum but no where near as bad. I have the pump set to 48%. My thought process was to get a bigger pump and run it lower speed to combat the noise but that hasnt worked out.

Any recommendations? My m1 lasted 6 years and never gave me a problem just thought the sicce would have been quieter than the m1.

Thanks

I would try placing it on a pad. That often takes care of it. I use hot pads from wallyworld.

I would try placing it on a pad. That often takes care of it. I use hot pads from wallyworld.
Same. I used silicone hot pads under all my pumps.

Depending on how it's plumber, it could be a resonance through the pipes too. Maybe flexible pvc could help?

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

I sitting here less than 6 feet from my Syncra SDC running on 60%. It is in my sump, I can't hear a thing. I hear the fans from my computer and the birds outside, but no hum or vibration from the tank. I've a herbie drain going on and for the most part my tank is dead silent.

Note: I use vinyl tube out of the pump for a few feet, then connect to the PVC return line. My sump is also glass, but the pump is not sitting on anything other than those little legs it came with. IF I crank it up to over 80% I can hear it.

I sitting here less than 6 feet from my Syncra SDC running on 60%. It is in my sump, I can't hear a thing. I hear the fans from my computer and the birds outside, but no hum or vibration from the tank. I've a herbie drain going on and for the most part my tank is dead silent.

Note: I use vinyl tube out of the pump for a few feet, then connect to the PVC return line. My sump is also glass, but the pump is not sitting on anything other than those little legs it came with. IF I crank it up to over 80% I can hear it.

Interesting, i have about 1 foot of 1" pvc to a 3/4" barb fitting. Then about 2ft of vinyl hose to the next part. No idea why the pump seems so loud

Back