Radion Questions

Btw, if the voltage matches, there is zero harm in having excess amperage. the device will draw what it needs and nothing more.

Btw, if the voltage matches, there is zero harm in having excess amperage. the device will draw what it needs and nothing more.
Thanks, that’s plain and simple to understand and what my next question was going to be. So, for both the Jebao and Radions, 24v will work for either one.

So, would a 24v 90w work for both the Jebao and the Radions? I think my confusion is some places list Volts and Amps and others list Volts and Watts.

In other words, as long as it’s 24v and enough wattage it should be fine if I’m understanding correctly.

Trying to figure these Radions out. I downloaded the Connection Manager to an extra laptop and have been trying to follow the instructions on this website.

However, I get to step 8 and the connection and click on Aquarium Setup and nothing happens.

Does any of this help?

It seems a main way to resolve is to factory reset the lights individually:

1. Disconnect via USB and power down all lights for at least 30 seconds

2. Log in to EcoSmart Live using Google Chrome or Safari

3. Select the Settings then New Profile and Yes

4. Log out of EcoSmart Live

5. Start the Connection Manager and connect via USB to one Radion

6. Right click the connection manager icon select USB Radion then Factory Reset and Yes

7. Repeat step 6 for each light

8. Log in to EcoSmart Live and program your lights using the Aquarium Setup

9. Select the Program All button to save all changes

It seems the above is needed since they are not showing up because they're linked to another profile.

Some have had better luck shooting them an email with the Radions device IDs for them to remove/reset them

Another solution some found is the USB cable:

“Radions are picky with the USB cable. i have tried a bunch and so far the only ones that have ever worked for me are the ones from ecotech and Anker USB cable”

Downloading Chrome. This laptop has Edge and isn’t happy with me trying to install Chrome???😂

I’m quitting for the night. A bit frustrated and tired. We had nice weather today and we did a lot of work in the yard.

Okay, I think the problem is, despite downloading Connection Manager, I can’t seem to run it. I’ve downloaded abd installed it but, nothing happens when I try to run it. Baffled.

Does any of this help?

It seems a main way to resolve is to factory reset the lights individually:

1. Disconnect via USB and power down all lights for at least 30 seconds

2. Log in to EcoSmart Live using Google Chrome or Safari

3. Select the Settings then New Profile and Yes

4. Log out of EcoSmart Live

5. Start the Connection Manager and connect via USB to one Radion

6. Right click the connection manager icon select USB Radion then Factory Reset and Yes

7. Repeat step 6 for each light

8. Log in to EcoSmart Live and program your lights using the Aquarium Setup

9. Select the Program All button to save all changes

It seems the above is needed since they are not showing up because they're linked to another profile.

Some have had better luck shooting them an email with the Radions device IDs for them to remove/reset them

Another solution some found is the USB cable:

“Radions are picky with the USB cable. i have tried a bunch and so far the only ones that have ever worked for me are the ones from ecotech and Anker USB cable”
Okay, for to step 3 and there is no option for New Profile???? Tried to include a pic but RC is saying file too large.

Here are my options under Setting:

Override Timer
Acclimate Timer
Lunar Phases
Travelling Sunrise/Sunset

It seems like most of the links on Ecosmartlive don’t work, I’m really confused here.

Okay, I think the confusion might be in step 5??? When I click connection manager on my desktop, nothing happens, maybe step 5 should be logging to ecosmartlive???

Nope, it’s looking for me to run connection manager and it will NOT run no matter what I do.

ETA I’ve downloaded, installed and tried to start Connection Manager…nothing happens. Uninstalled and repeated the process multiple times and, no matter what, Connection Manager won’t run.

Granted, this is an old laptop. I emailed Ecotech since their support hours are less than my work hours.

Last edited:
Back