RapidLED Aurora Build

Try taking them off? How hard are you pushing them right now? My guess is you still have some way to go.

Yeah I am not pushing them hard. I'm not maxed out on any channel as of now.
I'm actually looking for color combinations at others used and had success with. Sort of like the radion graphs in their thread.

Corey

Since the Aurora pucks are very close to the EcoTech layout, check out the Ecotech Coral Lab study. What I found very interesting was how high they had the fixtures above the test tanks. They are cover the percentages of each of the colors used. Granted with the Aurora you can't quite mimic the study exactly due to 4 channels, but it gives a good idea. Logic would lead that lowering the fixtures/pucks with the lenses off should makes up for the intensities required with lenses on at a greater distance. The removal of the lenses definitely supports better blending of colors.

Yeah I noticed they were high up as well. I think it can work with only 4 channels. I it remove the lens as my tank matures. Although the beauty of T5 is always present. Just hate to have to buy 2 eight bulb fixtures for my tank!

Corey

Back