rare wrasses

nellahtes

im looking for some good places to buy rare wrasses. i would appreciate any sites or stores anyone has that gets them. thanks for the help

Re: rare wrasses

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9849913#post9849913 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by SPS Addiction
im looking for some good places to buy rare wrasses. i would appreciate any sites or stores anyone has that gets them. thanks for the help

Liveaquaria.com (diver den)
Phishybuisness.com
themarinecenter.com (overpriced bigtime)

Liveaquaria has a 14 day live guarantee, one of the best vendors I have dealt with for fairis. Phisybuisness is outstanding to. Beautiful specimens.

deltecrules...i have looked there and am looking for places other than those three. looking for a lot of what you have. did you get them from the vendors above? also any females in the tank or all males? and how do they get along? thanks for the reply

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9850161#post9850161 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by SPS Addiction
deltecrules...i have looked there and am looking for places other than those three. looking for a lot of what you have. did you get them from the vendors above? also any females in the tank or all males? and how do they get along? thanks for the reply

Bought alot of my wrasses from my old LFS, but he closed up. Its a real shame, had a lot of rare stuff with great prices. Now I have to turn to online vendors for my rare stuff, since the LFS by me don't carry rare fish and just not real good LFS stores. If they do get a rare fish in, they charge some ridiculous prices for them.

The only pairs I have are the lineatus pair, and hooded wrasse pair. They all get along great but when dinner comes they get a little aggressive. The male exquisite wrasse is a pain in the you know what. He likes to flare up next to my mystery wrasse. Other than that everyone gets along okay. Half of my fish are from online vendors.

Also take a look at reeftanksupply.com and marineaquatics.net
They carry some fairy wrasses sometimes.

You might want to ask your LFS to order you in what you want. That's how I have gotten a few of mine. I usually half to give half up front to share the risk of bringing in an expensive fish.

I'm guessing your old LFS is deep reef? I've seen a lot of the wrasses they used to have on liveaquaria it's just hit or miss as to which species there they have and the rare ones go pretty quick

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9850303#post9850303 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by ClamIAm
I'm guessing your old LFS is deep reef? I've seen a lot of the wrasses they used to have on liveaquaria it's just hit or miss as to which species there they have and the rare ones go pretty quick

It was deepreef. Jeff really got some cool stuff in that none of the LFS couldn't or wouldn't get. It was a real shame he decided to close the store down.

Just a thought Atlantisaquarium.net has some really cool wrasses available sometimes. You might want to check it out.

Yeah, get your LFS to order from their Wholesalers. I've found that Quality Marine gets quite a bit of rare stuff.

My best luck has come from the LFS. I asked the owner when he gets his weekly price list. Then when I an ready for a new fish or pair I go in and have him check his list. Sometimes he will even call them to see if there is anything that isn't on the list.

How rare are we talking?
LA is going to have three Cirrhilabrus marjorie available in the coming weeks. http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1108139
These are supposedly the rarest Fairy's currently available. They are going to be well over a $1000/pr but they are about as rare as it gets.
If you are looking for other fairies like Lineatus, Rhomboids, etc. then Phishybusiness, Atlantis Aqurium (they currently have both), Reeftanksupply.com are all good sources.

Back