Re: This was an eye opener - cont.

Status
Not open for further replies.

stugray

Premium Member
Re: This was an eye opener - cont.

I dont intend to reopen the thread with this one.

However, I find it irresponsible for whichever Mod that closed the thread to do so without ANY explanation.

It was NOT Billsreef who was actively participating in the thread & thought we were playing nice as opposed to the "This was an eye opener" thread which got closed due to political arguments.

When the #1 most replied-to & viewed thread on the "responsible reefkeeping" forum gets closed with no explanation, I expect SOME moderator to at least explain/apologize or otherwise get disciplined by the management.

( shall I note that a MOD was the very last post & at that point, saw nothing wrong? )

When a thread that has been active for 5 months, with 575 replies & over 10,000 views gets closed by a whim & no explanation, some people tend to get irritated.

The Mods say "dont break the rules" then don't explain HOW the rules were broken or WHO broke them.
To me that's kind of childish.

Instead - WARN whomever broke the rules. Don't make everyone pay for one persons violation.

Do we all have to put our heads down on our desks now?

My ranting......

I heard it was due to a "religious reference"

Merry Christmas All! ( Ooh.... Now you can close this one due to the Religious Reference )

Happy Hanukkah, quanza, etc.

AND for the person who reported the "Religious Reference" - SHAME on you!
Grow a skin or dont read something if it "Offends you".
I am sick & tired of being overly PC just to protect EVERYONE'S feelings.
I suppose that just by speaking we are all offending the Buddhist's who take a "vow of silence".
We must ALL stop speaking lest we offend them.

Stu

Cape Coral Huh?

Looks like a nice location. I have hung out in the Cape Canaveral area for about a year.

Since were on the Resp. Reefers forum:

Do you see much of a problem with the red tides?

One of the problems I have with using Biofuels is that it promotes more farming than required to just feed humans.
When we try to overfarm for fuels, then we are just killing the oceans even faster.

The redtides are mostly caused by the nitrogenous wastes ( fertilizers ) that run-off the farms, down the rivers & into the ocean.

More farms = kill the oceans faster.

NOW if we were to start closed-system algae farms in the deserts of California, Nevada, & even Utah.... then I would be more for bio-fuels usage.

There's even a company that is converting municipal waste (sewer) into clean fuels.
I wonder if I could send them my skimmate?

Had to keep it on topic ;-)

Stu

Stu, Cape Coral is nice. I think we are the worst for red tides though. we are on the mouth of the Caloosa Hatchee, so think about it. all the fertalizer, pesticides, blah blah, from central florida to the gulf, are right here. Thankfully, I'm right at the gulf end of it. We can get away from the river water by going offshore a mile or so.

Theres no PC in RC. "We must all stop speaking lest we offend them" Sorry I love this quote, it made me laugh.

I completely agree with Stu here, and while I am probably taking a risk saying this, some mods due terribly abuse their abilities on these forums and have a pretty bad "because I said so" attitude IMO.

Last edited:
Stu, there is a way to speak to people and get answers without drawing attention to yourself. I personally understand why you would like to find out what happened to that thread, but really, you know why it was closed, you are just looking for attention. Not only do you know why it was closed, you know what the contents of the user agreement are and how they apply to that thread. There are some areas of the user agreement that are grey in nature but it's not hard to figure out what happened here. You have been a useful member of this board for quite some time. I have followed your experience and meaningful posts for a long time and cant understand why you would start this thread looking for supporters to back your cause. With your past reputation, you could have handled it in a more mature way and gotten the answers you were looking for.

:lol: This one's closed for several reasons.

#1. It's never a good idea to start another thread about a closed thread.

#2. Power trip? Please, we have a lot of things to do here, we can't hold everyone's hand to explain things. I didn't close it, but I'm guessing it's obvious.

#3. The entitlement here with the snide remarks always amazes me. Our rules are really not that hard to follow.

When a thread that has been active for 5 months, with 575 replies & over 10,000 views gets closed by a whim & no explanation, some people tend to get irritated.

It's hardly a whim. While I wasn't on that thread, I can tell you that when you get several reports on a thread with ~600 posts on it, it'll get closed. It's just impossible to jump in and try to figure out what's going on with a thread that large.

It's just a thread, on the Internet, on a fish/coral forum. It really isn't worth getting this upset over something like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back