Real Time Radion Programing

BrettH

Logging on this AM to update the time for my Radions and so far it has been over 30 mins to try and re-program.

never is it an easy process. I have had my lights since June 2011. For the $700+ i paid for each one (I have three lights), I can't believe how difficult it is to always make an update. I am happy to pay top dollar for a good product, but this is just ridiculous.

Ecotech please come up with better solution to ESL.

I love my lights, except when it comes time to make a simple change. I'll report back when I complete the update.

Well this only took about 50 minutes this AM to make a simple time change update. I had to reinstall ESL and then log on and off a couple times. It was a relatively simple, smooth process.....

Eoctech: I love the functionality and ability to customize the lighting schedule, but the programming is incredibly unstable. You guys have the best customer service, but that can only take you so far. Please figure out a solution to the programming. This should have taken me 10-15 minutes tops to complete. I can tell you that the people I talk to are no longer interested in your lights when they hear about experiences like mine. Just giving you some honest feedback. I hope you guys can figure out a solution.

Thanks.
Brett

Well this only took about 50 minutes this AM to make a simple time change update. I had to reinstall ESL and then log on and off a couple times. It was a relatively simple, smooth process.....

Eoctech: I love the functionality and ability to customize the lighting schedule, but the programming is incredibly unstable. You guys have the best customer service, but that can only take you so far. Please figure out a solution to the programming. This should have taken me 10-15 minutes tops to complete. I can tell you that the people I talk to are no longer interested in your lights when they hear about experiences like mine. Just giving you some honest feedback. I hope you guys can figure out a solution.

Thanks.
Brett

+1:thumbsup:

BrettH,

When logging in to EcoSmart Live, I would recommend using Google Chrome or Safari as your internet browser. Also, if you are experiencing connection issues, I would recommend quitting the Connection Manager and re-opening it. If you would like to discuss this with us further please email service@ecotechmarine.com Attn: Alex

Hi Alex...

I have Chrome and all the necessary software. I have called and spoken with you guys several times--all encounters were a fantastic experience, customer service is top notch--But the fact is that after owning these lights for two+ years, nothing has changed in terms of improving the stability of the connection. It always requires several attempts to connect, shut lights down, unplug, try again, shutdown again, reboot connnection manager and now try etc....

It should simply be plug and play-- not plug and pray....for the connection to work.

I waited for over two years to post anything to this forum regarding my experience--giving you guys the benefit of doubt and hoping that you would find a solution. I am just bummed becuase the lights are awesome when the connection works.

Regards,
Brett Howell

I agree with you completely Brett. The software issues are ridiculous. But I didn't know it had been going on for this long. Which makes it borderline pathetic!! We're hearing one thing on the phone But beyond that its falling on deaf ears. I think I'm just going to start taking my complaints to the BBB. Maybe if enough of us do it they will have to fix it.

Last edited:
Hi Alex...

I have Chrome and all the necessary software. I have called and spoken with you guys several times--all encounters were a fantastic experience, customer service is top notch--But the fact is that after owning these lights for two+ years, nothing has changed in terms of improving the stability of the connection. It always requires several attempts to connect, shut lights down, unplug, try again, shutdown again, reboot connnection manager and now try etc....

It should simply be plug and play-- not plug and pray....for the connection to work.

I waited for over two years to post anything to this forum regarding my experience--giving you guys the benefit of doubt and hoping that you would find a solution. I am just bummed becuase the lights are awesome when the connection works.

Regards,
Brett Howell

Totally agree. Has been very frustrating for me too.:headwally:

Better yet, add the option to enable DST auto correction so we don't need to manually adjust the time twice a year. If it's there already I must be missing it.

I agree with you completely Brett. The software issues are ridiculous. But I didn't know it had been going on for this long. Which makes it borderline pathetic!! We're hearing one thing on the phone But beyond that its falling on deaf ears. I think I'm just going to start taking my complaints to the BBB. Maybe if enough of us do it they will have to fix it.

this seems like a GREAT idea to me

We're hearing one thing on the phone But beyond that its falling on deaf ears. I think I'm just going to start taking my complaints to the BBB. Maybe if enough of us do it they will have to fix it.

I don't think going to the BBB is the best solution. Ecotech has great customer service and they are not being deceitful. However, I agree that they may not fully appreciate how frustrating it is to connect to the radions. The best thing would be for reefers to really start expressing their concerns and demand a better product--Radions are a good product, but the bar can be raised.

Mr. Marks had this to say about Reeflink, which I think is concerning/puzzling:

"As a factory supported solution, the features that go along with and will be introduced for the Reeflink will be unmatched by and unaccessible to other alternatives. The Reeflink and EcoSmart Live are the foundation upon which our company's future will be built. This means new EcoTech Marine products will be delivered to market which will all interface through this device.

Radions and VorTechs are only the beginning."

They have not solved the Radion connection problems with ESL and Mr. Marks is stating that Reeflink and ESL is the future of company. That is a very bold statement from a CEO who can't solve the connection issues with the Radions via ESL.

Maybe I am wrong and most reefers have no issues connecting--maybe I should introduce a poll to see how many people who have Radions have connection problems? But in the mean time, I hope other reefers have some constructive thoughts on the issue.

I would love to see Ecotech solve these problems because it is a win-win.

Brett Howell

All,

We truly appreciate the feedback all of you are providing. Like our president Tim mentioned EcoSmart Live is a revolutionary platform, and we are constantly striving to improve and enhance the user experience. Further more, I would love to discuss this with any of you personally. Please don't hesitate to contact me through email. Service@ecotechmarine.com Attn: Alex

Back