Red Sea Max Nano Tank - Opinions or Experiences

JohnL

RC Staff
Staff member
Admin
I'm thinking about getting a Red Sea Max Nano tank. Anyone have one or seen one?

MAX-NANO-with-RL90.jpg

That looks like a great AIO tank but with the benefits of hidden equipment behind the back wall sump. It's very clean looking which is so aesthetically pleasing. I hate seeing clunky equipment in an aquarium.

Nice looking setup. I like my Red Sea Reefer XL 425, and have been happy with the quality of the Red Sea tank. But you'll never be able to fit everything you want in a nano...

:D

Kevin

That is a spectacular looking little tank! If all you're hoping to achieve is 1 or 2 very small fish and corals it'll do very nicely.

Nice looking setup. I like my Red Sea Reefer XL 425, and have been happy with the quality of the Red Sea tank. But you'll never be able to fit everything you want in a nano...

Kevin

You're right Kevin. Now I'm thinking about the XL200 ? Do you have the complete setup with sump, skimmer, etc?

Kevin

I'm thinking the XL 425 is the one to get. ?

I've never seen one. That's the scary part. But I like the way the overflow is set up

You're right Kevin. Now I'm thinking about the XL200 ? Do you have the complete setup with sump, skimmer, etc?

Yep, although to tell the truth, I started out with a phosphate reactor and a biopellet reactor in the sump, in addition to a skimmer, and eventually removed both reactors and replaced them with a small refugium. Tried to get too high-tech, and eventually moved back to simpler is better. I Like the overflow setup (dual drains, so you can fine tune the overflow for quietness), and the 3+ gallon FW reservoir is nice as well. Still getting used to LED lighting (after four years!) - my past tanks had VHO, compact fluorescent and MH.

Kevin

I agree with Kevin. I think reactors and skimmers are helpful until a tank matures. My tank has a refugium and sump but it is skimmer -less and no reactors of any sort, so super low tech. I have 14 fish in a 100 gallon system but that is minus water volume because of rock/sand displacement and empty sump space for when return pump is off. I get away with that many fish because the system is very mature.

JohnL, thanks for getting me back online. This is the exact tank I ordered to set up. I wanted something small, and something without a lot of upkeep. It seems to be very highly rated.

JohnL, thanks for getting me back online. This is the exact tank I ordered to set up. I wanted something small, and something without a lot of upkeep. It seems to be very highly rated.

Welcome back Chuck!

Back