Red Sea Reefer 425XL - SwissFragReefer

I am thinking about adding some gorgonian to my tank. Does anybody keep them in high light intensity SPS tanks? From what I was reading they like light and strong flow as well.. anybody has some experience?

I have a couple gogonians in my tank. No current pics unfortunately. Both are photosynthetic purple gorgs (a bushy gorgonian and a corky sea finger). Both do great in my halides. Only thing I noticed is they seem to prefer a back and forth type flow otherwise they’re constantly bent in one direction

1.5 years in the books❤️🪸

38566958-DC62-4A99-A76D-1E46E0F61E6F.jpeg

Does anybody here have some experience with the red slime remover?
Some swear by it, others will tell you in not only kills the cyano, but the good bacteria as well.

No personal experience with Red Slime Remover but I used Chemi Clean (which is similar) at one point because of the battle I was having with cyano. It definitely knocked back the cyano, but didn't completely eliminate it. Honestly, I think you're better off eliminating the source of the nitrates/phosphates, doing regular water changes, using GFO and using macros/a fuge to compete with the cyano.

Some swear by it, others will tell you in not only kills the cyano, but the good bacteria as well.

No personal experience with Red Slime Remover but I used Chemi Clean (which is similar) at one point because of the battle I was having with cyano. It definitely knocked back the cyano, but didn't completely eliminate it. Honestly, I think you're better off eliminating the source of the nitrates/phosphates, doing regular water changes, using GFO and using macros/a fuge to compete with the cyano.
Thank you! I added a refugium… let’s see now how that goes over the next couple of weeks! Thans for your advice!❤️🪸🐠

Back