Reef-A-Palooza Orlando, FL April 26th & 27th, 2014

Mrs Postal

Mark your calendars now! We all know the year is just going to fill up but this might be something that TBRC folks want to attend. I know that there are some people already planning to go check this event out!

This is the first year this conference has been held anywhere except Southern CA. Ticket prices are reasonable and it's Orlando so there's lots to do if you want to bring your family along! Here's the info from the website:

Saturday, April 26th, 2014 11AM-6PM
Sunday, April 27th, 2014 11AM- 4PM
$15 Admission Fee
FREE - Seniors 60 and over
FREE - Children 12 years and younger

Reef-A-Palooza (RAP) is an annual event in Southern California now in its tenth year. For the first time ever RAP is coming to Orlando, FL! RAP can best be described as an indoor marketplace where sellers, exhibitors, and hobbyists of all types can buy, sell, trade, showcase their products to the marine hobbyist community. The main purpose of Reef-A-Palooza is to provide an enjoyable, positive atmosphere that is conducive to education and trade of both product and knowledge. As such, participating exhibitors range from large manufacturers, to retailers, to small livestock sellers, and participating hobbyists range from the beginner to the elite, rare-species coral farmer. It is the perfect venue to showcase new products in the marine aquarium industry. We strive to rally a diverse range of participants into the two-day event so as to present the best value and interest to everyone involved.
http://www.raporlando.com/ for more information!

Hotel rates for the Doubletree Universal are $119/night-you need to mention Reef-a-poolza to get the special rate!

Still undecided for Saturday or Sunday, if I go on Saturday and buy livestock I would be taking a chance keeping it in a cooler with air stone for another day. But there might be better prices on sunday...

Back