Reef Crystals....... $31.99 / 160g bucket

I just ordered 4 buckets and am stoked that such a great deal is available. Might as well get a few if you are used to paying 50 a pop.

I believe the date on the back of all of the catalog expires 4/30/09. The new one just came out and 160 lbs bucket of IA is 41.99. This one expires 8/30/09. You still have one day to order at the reduced price.

Last edited:
Holy crap, I havent had to look at salt prices in a while, the bucket at fosters right now is $51.99! Geez. On the other hand the 200 gallon box is the same price? I seriously hope they see this thread and realize that the salt prices are killing some of us in the hobby.

It went up to 51.99? OH NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG you're right. That's enough to make me ill. You think it will always be that price? Oh man. I might have to break out the charge card. =*(

no I just checked its 31.99 still. Make sure you put "AGN-16882" in the search field at DrF&S site. The other coupon codes you use at checkout.

The prices on almost all thier stuff is going up big time. I just ordered a couple more since its the last day. I should have enough salt to last at least a year now.

z3r0. We are talking about the regular price without the code. It's 51.99. I think I shall pass out now. May have to use the charge card for some. #*$)*#$

I've talked to the folks at Premium Aquatics and a few other places, and Drs. F&S have the market cornered on the salt prices when they have sales.

It's the producers of the salt that are driving the prices up. Water changes have become more common place, thus driving demand and the price of salt up.

Premium Aquatics said if they sold salt at what Drs. F&S sell it for they'd be taking a huge loss on every bucket. That's one of few things they won't price match.

You MUST save those catalogs !!!! The prices in them are good (unless marked specifically by the item) until the catalog expires. That's why I was still using my catalog from last summer...it didn't expire until April 30 2009 and I have been getting Instant Ocean salt 160 lb buckets for 29.59. Just been trying to help everyone. Don't throw out the last couple of catalogs until you check the expiration dates.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14919534#post14919534 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by MarineGirl411
z3r0. We are talking about the regular price without the code. It's 51.99. I think I shall pass out now. May have to use the charge card for some. #*$)*#$

ha my bad...on a side note. I just got my order today, well most of it. Funny thing is the couple of buckets arrived today but the 3 16oz bottles of supplements i ordered with the salt wont be here till monday even thought they shipped with the salt. This was a great deal though, i shoulda ordered more.

Yeah, i ordered two tubes of reef epoxy with my three buckets and just got the buckets today. The epoxy should take two more days to get here. Weird that the shipping on the heavy buckets is faster than the light parcel!

I ordered 3 buckets at 32 ea. and some other things and got a $5 off coupon to work. I could not get the $10 ones to work so shipping was only 10 dollars. The code I used was 35851700.

If you guys use the code I gave it works. It takes 10.00 off. I just tried it again today and it worked perfectly. Try again!!!! You have to place an order of 100.00 for 10.00 off. =) I could not afford 4 buckets, so I asked my mom if she needed anything from DFS. I'm glad she did!

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14919096#post14919096 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Tangalong
I believe the date on the back of all of the catalog expires 4/30/09. The new one just came out and 160 lbs bucket of IA is 41.99. This one expires 8/30/09. You still have one day to order at the reduced price.
Is there any catalog deal on the 200G box of RC?

Back