Reef Octopus Kalk Stirrer

Scubajoe1

So I picked up a Reef Octopus Kalk stirrer. The ATO reseevoir and Kalk stirrer are at the same level. Due to the weight of the water in the stirrer column when the pump does not pump into the stirrer it backs up into the resevoir draining half the water so next time it pumps the pump must fill the stirrer column fully before going into my sump. I remedies this by putting a one way 1/4" check valve in place but seems if you are spending all this money on a kalk stirrer they would supply this or have it built in.

Comments?

I cannot comment on the Reef Octopus model, but I have the AVAST one, and there is a small hole in the supply tube just above the water level. When the supply pump turns off, air enters the line and breaks the syphon. No check valve needed.

BRS has Mur-Lok check valves for that purpose. I think they're less than a buck. I use one on my MRC Kalk reactor for the same reason.

BRS has Mur-Lok check valves for that purpose. I think they're less than a buck. I use one on my MRC Kalk reactor for the same reason.

Yeah that;s the one I picked up but more like 8.99 from BRS. I found it somewhere else but same price. thanks for the info.

Joe

Back