Reef stream [185G]

fragsfarm

Hello. I am new here, but I have been dealing with reef aquariums for 12 years. We have been preparing for this project for almost 2 years and finally the tank is getting filled with water. I came up with the idea to start a youtube stream from the first day of salinity (monday 07.02.2022). Broadcasting would go on all the time 24 hours a day. Would you be interested in something like this? Commenting viewers would have an impact on what method the aquarium will be run (I have not specified it yet), what life will be introduced, etc.
Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_6027.jpg Views:	12 Size:	1.72 MB ID:	32364779

Last edited:
Welcome. Very exciting day!

Definitely post a link to the live stream and any other videos and photos.

Best of luck. Looking forward to seeing your tank progress.

At this point the water is slowly oozing and there may be a start offset due to filling. At the moment, I am thinking about setting up the camera.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2dYFReGYYs - link to the broadcast, has already started with the counter. I put in sample angles. What do you think?

z3.jpg

In addition, I am already considering filling the sump matrix or siporax + seach prime, so far all opinions point to the matrix. And the question of the circulation pumps. At the moment I have a SCP-150 jebao + 2 single pumps, but I am thinking of giving up this idea and installing 8 individual pumps on the tank beams. It will definitely improve the circus but it will not have a waving effect. Lighting is planned for Wednesday. Sunday 5 kg (ultimately still 15 kg) of live rock (at the moment it is 20 kg dry) + introducing a few snails.

The broadcast is already live - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2dYFReGYYs. I had to mess around with the camera a bit, the image comes out too blue, but I will continue to fight. And I will also spend some time on setting up the camera, but I have to buy a new tripod first. Today the tank is saline, so the day 1 began. Tomorrow Seachem stability + matrix. However, I will leave throwing in a live rock for the weekend with the first life.

333.jpg

Last edited:
Bez tytułu.jpg
A little update. The transmission is humming again, the camera is no longer overheating. So far it's very blue but on Friday I'm picking up the filters for the camera and it should be good. On Sunday, the first life at 12:00 - snails, some live rock and maybe some anemone. The matrix and the seachem stability funnel have already landed in the sump since yesterday. The wavemaker works so I let go of ideas with additional circulators. greatt,
Bez tytułu2.jpg

It's really great looking, and what a marvelous clump of macro algae. The open space in the tank works perfectly with your rockwork.

Back