Reef Tank tracking software FREE!!

cwegescheide

YOU have been ignored!
Hi Everybody,

Well I've been playing around with Microsoft Access lately and thought I would create a program that you would be able to document all your tank testing, water changes and other maintanence tasks. Have you ever wondered "when did I replace my bulbs last?" Is it time to do it? When did I do my last water change? etc.. etc..

Well now you can. Here's a few screen shots of the application. You can see the history of all your testing as well. Don't remember what it was the last time? Not any more..
AlkalinityScreen.jpg

With this app you can also schedule reminders when the next time you should do a water change, replace those bulbs or test. It will prompt you when its time to do it. You can set a specific day or make it recurring if you want to do a task every few days.
ScheduleTask.jpg

Then the next time you open up your application it will prompt you when your due to perform that scheduled task
Overdue.jpg

The nice thing about this application is you dont need to install anything. Just as long as you have Microsoft Access you can use it. You don't need to be a programmer to use it. :) I wrote it all for you. If figured I would put it out there and see if anybody would like to use it. Best of all, ITS FREE!!!

If anybody would like to have it just email me at cwegescheide@hotmail.com and I will zip it up and send it to you.

Chris

No problem! This is the first release of course (Beta). I've been working on it and testing for a few weeks now. I've gotten most of the bugs out but of course if you find anything let me know.

I will be adding functionality to the app including reports and graphs and the like.

Also be sure and include the version of Access that your using. Maybe I will just save the app in Access 2000.

Feedback on the app is always appreciated. If there is anything you would like to see added to the app let me know.

Enjoy!
Chris

I emailed you a copy of the app saved in Access 2000. :)

Have fun. Let me know if you have any questions.

Chris

Looks pretty good. I just wish it would work on a non Microsoft system.

If you need a place to host it to allow people to download, just let me know and I can put it on my web site.

Kim

Very interested.. email sent. Appreciate your time spent putting this together, and thanks for making it available to everyone :thumbsup:

WOW! I just got done sending everybody that emailed me a copy. I got quite a response already. I hope you like it and of course if you notice any strange things happening please let me know. This is one of the reasons why I would like to distribute it and get feedback. If you havent already got a copy and would like one, please EMAIL ME @ cwegescheide@hotmail.com (no PM's please).

I am planning to add many more things to this program as time permits and also would like to get feedback from you, what you would like to do with the app.

Enjoy and let me know how it goes.

Right now the app tracks and can schedule testing. I am in the process of adding the functionality to have the ability to add and schedule maintanence to an unlimited number of items for your tank. I will probably have this done over the weekend maybe.

Happy Reefing,
Chris

Maybe its just me since Ive never really used Access but my screen looks nothing like what is pictured (not the menu items since I know its 2007) plus I am getting calendar errors

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14161538#post14161538 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by intenseimage
Maybe its just me since Ive never really used Access but my screen looks nothing like what is pictured (not the menu items since I know its 2007) plus I am getting calendar errors

Calendar errors? Which version of Access do you have? This program was developed in Access 2007 but saved as and Access 2000 app.

OK so I was able to put this app on another machine running Access 2003 here at work and I do see some errors because of the controlls that were added that reference 2007 ActiveX controls. OOPS. Lemme figure out a work around and I will get back to those of you that are experiencing a problem.

Also I will need to fix the background error that I get on the other machine. It does not find the background picture that is being used in the app for the background. The error "Microsoft Office Access can't open the file 'dblue198.jpg'. I will have to make a little change in the program for this oversite and provide you guys an update after a bit. This shouldn't be a critical error though, the background would just look ugly.

Thanks,
Chris

Yep, using 2003 here at work and that is where I encountered the errors.

Upon startup I get a security warning for unsafe expressions - It asks if I want to block them, I say NO.

Then it gives a "may be unsafe" message and I choose to open anyway.

My screen then looks like this:

untitled-1.jpg

Back