• I'd love to attend

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • I'm burnt out on frags

Votes: 1 50.0%

• Total voters

Unarce

Unshackled
Hello SEABay Members,

As some of you may have heard, the MARS Frag Swap that was originally planned for October, has been cancelled. In cooperation with the MARS BOD, the purpose of this message and poll is to see how much interest there might be for a Regional Club Frag Swap this Fall in the Sacramento area. I will be posting identical threads in the surrounding RC Club Forums (RARE, BAR, NVR, CVR, SEABay, and MARS).

The poll and replies will help us determine if we’ll need a small venue, large venue, or no swap at all. By the end of the week, I will peruse each thread and consult with other members on what should be done. I hope to be able to launch the event in late October or early November.

In different ways, the past few months have been rough on the aquarist community. Whether it’s due to a tank issue/loss or the shuffling of your club’s governing body, like the inhabitants we care for, we try to adapt. I want this event to allow you to take a deep breath, and enjoy one of the reasons why you got into this hobby.

Seeing new or familiar faces, sharing the fruits of our labor, and learning all over again why each of us enjoy growing sticks, plates, buttons, and wavy things in our boxes of water.

Kindest regards,

Karl

I'm one of those folks that lost all my SPS corals due to some unknown viral or bacterial thing that spread rapidly through my tank about 6 or so months ago...but that isn't why I replied with the "I'm burnt out on frags" choice. There was no choice for "That's too far to travel." Given that I live in southeast San Jose, I just wouldn't be willing to drive all the way to Sacramento for a frag swap. I might make the drive for a presentation by a speaker that I really would like to hear, but not for frags.

That's completely understandable, Cherie. It is quite a drive. I'm also very sorry about your tank. I hope you haven't sworn off SPS for the future.

Have a great weekend!

Karl

Hi Karl,

I'm not as far away as our club's frogfish lover but still quite a ways to drive for a frag swap out in the Sacramento area.

Bill

Back