Renton's Upgrade

Looking really good so far Nathan. Are you returning water to all three chambers in the sump?

Thanks! I am using the bean animal overflow method, the middle return is the emergency drain. In the case it is used, it will go to the middle chamber.

The high flow siphon will go to the skimmer side and the third lower flow return will go to the refugium side.

Messing around with my cell phone and got a decent picture. Can't wait to get these little guys in the new tank!

IMAG0282.jpg

You have awesome looking frags there Nathan. What is the green based with really blue tips one in the center of your picture? It looks like a Tort?

You have awesome looking frags there Nathan. What is the green based with really blue tips one in the center of your picture? It looks like a Tort?

Dan, I bought it under the name of "blueberry limeade acropora". Its been a fast grower so far. Its one of my favorites right now.

Tank Update: I have replaced the metal support bands and screws with plastic support bands using stainless steel screws.

IMAG0284.jpg

IMAG0285.jpg

I have added some of the live-rock from my current tank to the new tank to help speed things along. The current rock structure is just temporary. I also added some macro algae to the refugium and put a temporary light over it. I have seen all sorts of pods and bristle worms in the new tank so things are going well.

I also have been doing 5 gallon water changes every 2 or 3 days on the 93 cube. The water I take out of the cube then goes into the new tank.

Hoping to transfer everything over in a couple weeks!

Nathan how do u like ur ai sol blues?

I am very happy with the lights. I am happy with the growth rate and the coloration of my corals. I should note that they are the only lights I have ever used, never had a mh or t5.

Great looking setup! It looks like you have a water blaster return pump do you like it or have and problems with it? I'm considering one for my 125g build. My Triton 1350 gph has alot of trouble restarting. I constantly worry about power outage and not being around to plug it in about 5 times before it kicks on.

Great looking setup! It looks like you have a water blaster return pump do you like it or have and problems with it? I'm considering one for my 125g build. My Triton 1350 gph has alot of trouble restarting. I constantly worry about power outage and not being around to plug it in about 5 times before it kicks on.

Thanks. It is a water blaster 7000. I bought it used and I have had no problems with it. I have only been running it for a few weeks. I did have issues with an old build bubble blaster but their customer service was great and replaced it quickly with a newer design.

just think year from now you will run out of room and need to upgrade again.i went from a 36x18x16 to 60x18x20 year later man i need more room it never ends next year maybe i will start a reef tank out of my swimming pool just kidding.

just think year from now you will run out of room and need to upgrade again.i went from a 36x18x16 to 60x18x20 year later man i need more room it never ends next year maybe i will start a reef tank out of my swimming pool just kidding.

So true :)

The tank is now wrasse proof! Making the screen tops was my least favorite part of the build so far, big pain in the butt. Transferring everything into the tank this weekend!

IMAG0286_zps688b341a.jpg

Break time. Livestock is transferred into the new tank. I have not worked on the aquascape yet. After looking at things a bit, I think I have to much rock to work with so I may move some down to the sump.

IMAG0299_zps5095c487.jpg

Back