Renton's Upgrade

After a long period of not having any Chaeto in my refugium (it was killed off way back when I was using biopellets) I added some two days ago and set the lighting period to 8pm to 8am. Its well documented that this helps limit the PH drop of a system at night, but its still fun to see the effect. So, here is a graph of my PH over the past few days.

6XWMbjvh.png

Another note about my PH. I started adding 3.5 liters kalkwasser per day as part of the top off. The effect on PH was strong enough that I decided to stop the CO2 scrubber for the time being.

I plan to focus on using Chaeto as a major component of my nirtrate/phosphate export. I plan to having a hefty fuge for it in my next system.

Also, there is plenty of room for the chaeto to grow, so it will be interesting to see what the ph graph looks like after the chaeto triples in size

A local reefer made some awesome knitted fish. My Achillies tang was not thrilled with this one:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/S8zbTuQ5K1M" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I think she takes requests on fish she will knitt. Here is my daughter with a couple more that we got.

tKAT9ijh.jpg

I got a frag of the Rainbow Stylo in the left of the picture from you at the LEAR show last Saturday. Hope it grows for me as well as it does for you. It has moved in well in my tank.

I have had it for many years. I am happy to hear it has moved in well! Once it settles in a bit it will start sprouting.

Back